SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Road Safety
iwozere

26-11-2014 07:43 AM

hi all
I wasn't expecting to make a post so soon after joining, but I wondered if anyone else was on Brockley Rise (12.15-12.20 pm/25th Nov) near St. Saviour's church. The reason being I was just trying to cross over from the Brockley Rise Ctr to the other side using the island when a LBL refuse truck hurtled past me on the wrong side of the road. If I hadn't heard the roar just as I was about to step into the road, I don't know what would have happened. It made me think of hearing impaired people and youngsters with their headphones on. I think the lorry driver made this reckless manoeuvre because of cars parked close to the island restricting passage (he was going way to fast to stop).
I am writing to advise LBL about this as the driver really needs a talking to, but just a reminder to not take for granted that everyone follows road rules and look both ways in case a driver is going to do something totally idiotic. May be road markings near the islands need to be looked at too to prevent cars marking too close to islands.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Road Safety - iwozere - 26-11-2014 07:43 AM