SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Speed of vehicles on Devonshire Road
Agent Shrub

20-11-2014 07:56 PM

Our cat was hit by a car last night just by our house. The speed bumps are entirely ineffective and once it gets to the evening vehicles drive far too quickly down devonshire road. We are at the honor oak end but I know the problem exists across the whole road. I think we should have a 20 mph limit along the road - I have had numerous close calls with other vehicles while driving as well with people travelling too quickly. What are people's thoughts on this?

On a side note I want to thank whoever took my cat's body to the vet so they could scan the microchip to contact me and let me know what happened. Sadly this wasn't the driver responsible so it was too late to help but I appreciated this rather than the council disposing of the body unbeknownst to me. He was a distinctive bengal cat, so if you read this - thanks as you didnt leave your details at the vet.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Speed of vehicles on Devonshire Road - Agent Shrub - 20-11-2014 07:56 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Consultation re Forest Hill Road speed reduction pixysunflower 1 3,802 25-11-2018 02:43 PM
Last Post: Erekose
  Speed of cars from Honor Oak Park/Forest Hill road - does it bother anyone? paddygirl 15 19,380 16-03-2013 09:48 AM
Last Post: daveherne
  Speed Humps in Garlies Road Lisa23garlies 3 5,223 25-07-2012 10:34 AM
Last Post: kelmscott