SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Which council service matters to you most, Robin?
robin orton

13-10-2014 01:34 PM

I've just received a personalised (yuk!) email from the council under the above title. It invites me to fill in a questionnaire indicating which council service (I'm allowed only to choose one in each case) matters most (1) to me personally and (2) to the community, and where I think cuts can best be made.

I've sent it back without selecting any preferences, but put the following in the 'comments' section:

Quote:
This show of 'direct democracy' is an abrogation of responsibility on the part of the council. We elected you to take hard decisions about priorities; that's what representative democracy is all about. I don't have enough information to decide where the axe should fall - the council does (or should do). I don't want you to make cuts in some service or other and then blame us for not voting for it in the questionnaire.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Which council service matters to you most, Robin? - robin orton - 13-10-2014 01:34 PM