SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Mugged on Garthorne Rd
aimee_p

31-07-2014 12:29 PM

So - I got mugged last night walking back from the station down Garthorne Rd (Sebastian Roche side) at about 11pm. Basically - four guys walked towards me, two split off and crossed the road, I thought nothing of it. Then one of the two jumped directly at me, putting his hands on my shoulders and pushing me to the ground. Luckily I fell on my handbag so he couldn't get it. He had me pinned to the ground by my arm, so I'm bruised there, and I have skinned both knees and my calves - I guess when I fell.

It was all over very quickly, perhaps because I was shouting No a lot, or perhaps because there was another man walking towards where it was all happening. I heard one of the guys say 'Did you get her phone', but I don't know who he was addressing. The man walking towards the incident, who then walked me home, said that the two who had crossed the road weren't with the guy who attacked me, but that he'd been asking them if he could buy some weed.

Anyway, he was about 5ft10, wearing a light grey hoody witht the hood up and a big picture on the front, light jeans, slight build, about 19/20yrs old. I think he was possibly on drugs, just from the scary eyes, but then when someone is leaping in to your face, their eyes are going to look pretty damn scary.

I don't want to scaremonger, I've always felt really safe in Honor Oak. But this happened to me, last night, and I just wanted to let people know.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Mugged on Garthorne Rd - aimee_p - 31-07-2014 12:29 PM
RE: Mugged on Garthorne Rd - Southlonder - 01-08-2014, 02:26 PM
RE: Mugged on Garthorne Rd - jaradras - 01-08-2014, 06:05 PM
RE: Mugged on Garthorne Rd - lulu - 05-08-2014, 02:19 PM
RE: Mugged on Garthorne Rd - aimee_p - 06-08-2014, 07:31 AM