SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Trees for HOP parade and station area
tincan

10-06-2014 02:05 PM

I recently emailed the council about the unfortunate lack of trees to the areas outside the station and along HOP parade.

Adding a few trees in these important areas would make all the difference.

It is frustrating to know how relatively inexpensive it is to pop in a few trees, and I don't understand why the council or councillors ..or someone hasn't pushed for more planting.

The representative from 'Greenscene' states the possible reason for no trees is either underground services or not being able to have trees near a crossing (even though this occurs on the other side of the railway bridge with no problems (the blossom trees). I think this is a weak excuse to not bother.

A community fund for something simple like tree planting may be a good idea to greatly improve our local environment.

my email:

Please could I ask if Lewisham intends to develop a strategy for tree planting in the area of Honor Oak Park parade and station? – Please find attached sketch plan .

The dark green areas highlight existing attractive tree planting. The light green areas are current swathes of empty looking pavement that would benefit from tree planting. The individual dots show where the existing road side planting is degraded and requires replacement measures.

I was particularly concerned that Lewisham didn’t compel sainsburys to provide tree planting to the exterior of their shop frontage.

On the plan I have highlighted the station entrance / gateway to honor oak park with a purple dot and the sainsburys (orange) and various community eateries that would benefit from tree planting to improve the sitting out experience.

The opportunity to introduce tree planting to the station gateway on the very wide pavements and central area between the two road lanes is a missed one at present – and would greatly benefit an already up and coming area.

If your response is simply there is no money for it – please could you advise on expected costs for a improvement tree planting scheme in the area and I will look to see if there are any ways to raise funds or community awareness of the situation.

Attached File(s)
.pdf File  honor oak park parade tree strategy.pdf (Size: 494.39 KB / Downloads: 294)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Trees for HOP parade and station area - tincan - 10-06-2014 02:05 PM