SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Forest Hill Hotel aka Wenlock House
Tim Lund

18-05-2014 10:23 PM

Does anyone know any details of the planning, development and occupation of this? I ask because I made an off hand reference to in in a thread on the Sydenham Town Forum about the similar era Kent House Tavern, which is closing down, and suggesting it was likely to end up as residential. However someone wrote of it

Quote:
I cycle past often, and have done for over a year. Still the units aren't sold. Sold being the operative word, little or no social housing there so defeating the object of decreasing a housing 'shortage'.

So I also cycled past, and noticed a fairly recent planning application to do with the change from a pub, and then looked it up on the Lewisham Planning portal

I didn't see any objections from the Forest Hill Society - was this because they recognised that this one was not worth saving, or that the developers were doing everything by the book - holding off from converting the actual bar area while they attempted to find a tenant for it as a pub? I also looked on Zoopla for sales of the eight flats created following the application in 2010 to convert the upper floor, and found just four sales. Could this mean that four of the flats there are actually unsold, and if so, are they unoccupied? Even if unsold, I'd imagine they were let out, with the developer getting an income as a BTL landlord, but I might be wrong. If I was, four flats empty for over a year would be interesting.

I also noticed that two of the four flats now being carved out of the downstairs will be social housing, so the developers, but doing it in two stages, have not got round the rule that developments of ten or more units require some social housing.[/quote]

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Forest Hill Hotel aka Wenlock House - Tim Lund - 18-05-2014 10:23 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Planning application to convert Forest Hill Co-op to a hotel hillview 12 13,247 10-03-2018 02:34 PM
Last Post: Uhuru
  House prices in Forest Hill - are they *definitely* on the up? JonathanH 48 56,140 18-01-2014 12:47 AM
Last Post: P1971