SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Forest Hill in a flood plain? Insurance issues.
Londondrz

14-10-2009 08:36 AM

Roz, was talking to a friend yesterday who is in the industry about your experience with the AA. The likelyhood is that you were speaking to a spotty 19 year old whose last experience of a floodplain was something he missed in class because he was looking at the blond girl two seats in front of him. In the good old days of insurance brokers knew what they were on about however computers have now taken over so they dont have to.

The crux of the matter is that looking at a map of Forest Hill last night (one with topographical details on it (Google maps have one)) I noticed that my house on Waldenshaw Road is 210 feet above sea level. Now I also know that if all the Polar ice caps melted the sea level would rise by an average of 200 feet hence my earlier comment about owning a nice seaside villa.

Now I dont know where you live but it is worth looking on a topographical map to see your hight but also if there are any nearby streams.

You may then want to get hold of the insurance company, not the AA who are just brokers, and explain to customer services why they have lost a sale.

I know it would take a bit of time but it would give me some sense of getting one over on "the man".

Good luck.Thumbup

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Forest Hill in a flood plain? Insurance issues. - Londondrz - 14-10-2009 08:36 AM