SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Hanging pictures
SonicAttack

30-12-2012 07:42 PM

I want to hang some pictures in my flat. However, my landlord won't allow me to drill any holes in the precious walls of the place I rent.Cursing

So I need a method of picture hanging that doesn't require any holes. Any one got any ideas?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
derbybill

31-12-2012 03:57 PM

I will assume that
a) you don't have picture rails,
b) the precious walls are papered or beautifully painted,
c) you want to hang pictures rather than posters or prints.

My only suggestion is to drill holes in the ceiling close to the wall to put in plugs with screw eyes, then use strong brass wire or nylon fishing line to hang the picures. You will need to be extremely careful that you dont make a mess of the ceiling, especially if there is an elaborate plaster cornice, so think about the eventual reclaim of your deposit.
Posters or prints can be fixed with blu-tak and similar sticky fixers, but they often leave a stain; another method is using pins, which leave very small holes.

Red67

31-12-2012 04:19 PM

You could try these: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en...e_hangers/

I haven't used these myself but i do know that 3M developed a system for picture hanging that the Tate uses to preserve some of the precious walls at Tate Britain from being drilled! These products are the domestic versions.... i think it will depend on what wall surfaces you have and how heavy the pictures are, but might be worth a try.

sandybaby

31-12-2012 06:15 PM

We have used these and they did a very good job indeed - no pictures fell off Thumbsup

SonicAttack

31-12-2012 07:29 PM

Thank you for the replies. Red67 exactly what I was looking for and now ordered

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields