SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Warning! Fake £50 notes
P1971

29-06-2012 09:29 PM

Just to let all know I was given a fake £50 note a few weeks ago. I did take it and only found out when I went to bank it. I remembered the person that gave it to me as it was the only one I have been given. The same man tried to give me another one today! I recognized him straight away and when he tried to pay me with another £50 note I told him I was sorry that I couldn't accept it as the last one I accepted was a fake with my eyebrows raised! He went very red faced and said he would go to change it at another shop, but surprise surprise he never came back!
He is a white male, with a cockney accent. I would say around 40 years old and about 5,4 - 5,5 in height with fair hair. Just wanted to warn everyone as he may try other places in the area where he can pay cash.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Littlebelka

30-06-2012 07:45 AM

Thanks P1971,

Does police know about it?

Londondrz

30-06-2012 10:15 AM

Also know of a few fake £20 pound notes being given out. One resides behind the till in From The Forest Now.

P1971

30-06-2012 08:16 PM

Yes Littlebelka I have told them! Seems I'm not the only one that has had them. Local policeman said Savacentre has too. Also a local business not far from me has taken a fake £50 notes from someone fitting the same description.

Sibelius

01-07-2012 08:37 PM

The owner of From The Forest is a fake £20 note? Weird.

P1971

01-07-2012 08:58 PM

Sibelius the owner of From The Forest is a really nice Chap I think he's lovely! He was just saying he has had a fake note as well. What business do you run then that is so interested in taking fake money! Just to let you know myself and about 5 of my customers would be able to recognize the conman at my shop!!! maybe you were the chap that conned me! good luck if you were! cause you won't again.

P1971

01-07-2012 09:56 PM

Police have a very good description!

jalapeno

02-07-2012 08:49 AM

I saw a man try to use a fake £20 to buy a Cornetto in the Horniman Cafe yesterday afternoon. When the cashier pointed out the note was fake, the man made a hasty exit.

P1971

02-07-2012 05:21 PM

Sibelius I am sorry for what I said in the later part of my earlier post. What I said was a bit harsh and wrong of me to say what I did.

Sibelius

05-07-2012 08:38 PM

Just to clear something up:
Londondrz said: 'Also know of a few fake £20 pound notes being given out. One resides behind the till in From The Forest Now.'

I was responding in a rather boring attempt at being witty by pulling him/her up on phraseology by asking if they really meant the person residing behind the till was a fake £20 note.

And no I'm not the conman. If I wanted to con anyone I would have become a banker!

Don't worry 1971, I'll still buy your lollies!

P1971

08-07-2012 08:10 PM

Sibelius you must like them then! I am sorry for what I said but if you can imagine after being stung on that as well as a slush machine in such a short period after opening I was not in the best of moods that evening! and the last thing I wanted was for it to happen to anyone else thats why I posted this in the first place. Hence why I didn't find your post funny! I do hope you accept my apology and I guess I owe you quite a few free lollipops!!

hopscotch cafe bar

03-07-2013 08:06 PM

hello all

this joker has surfaced again - we have informed the safer neighbour hood team who will pop in to check cctv

i would hapily attach the image, but data protection prevents me. If you really want to see it - PM me and i will setup something via the police - that way you have a headstart !

its definately the same guy as he has been ID'd by the same member of staff he tried the £50 con last summer with - unbelievable, and stupid.

this time it was the "..no i gave you a £20 note when it was a £5.."

be aware and setup procedures to stop him - we will leave a note out of till until change happily accepted

what a cheeky, sneeky thief !

admin - can you plse copy this over to se23 forum so as to spread word ? thankyou !

best wishes,
hospcotch team

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields