SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
I ran the London Marathon!
thenutfield

23-04-2012 09:53 AM

At nearer 50 years old than 40, I ran the London Marathon for the first time yesterday! 4 hours and 9 mins - I am feeling very happy (if a little sore).

Apart from showing off, I am posting this to say a big thank-you to any SE23-ers who might have been out along the route anywhere, cheering the runners on.

Everybody says it, but until you have done it you can't really appreciate the fantastic support from the thousands of spectators who line the route with their shouts of encouragement, jelly babies, bits of banana and more.

So, if you were out there - thanks, I couldn't have done it without you.

I had been hoping to get back to FH in time for the last half hour or so of the Food Fair, but by all accounts even if I had broken the marathon world record I still wouldn't have got back before everything sold out! (A great job by the FH Soc)

tom
BTW, my marathon fundraising is officially over, but if you are feeling flush...my fund raising page is here

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DerbyHillTop

23-04-2012 12:47 PM

Well done! We were there clapping and handing out jelly babies at miles 7 and 17.5

It is truly impressive time for a first marathon. As someone who's other half has done 3 London marathons I know all about training that needs to go in for that kind of time, especially for your first one.

Also well done to Patrick (from SE23 too) who did his first marathon in 3:59:22

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  London Marathon Sponsorship Wanted Fairlawn 0 2,666 28-02-2012 04:12 PM
Last Post: Fairlawn