SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Ofwat to fine Thames Water
admin
Administrator

14-10-2007 10:51 PM

Posts from old forum ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Triangle
Joined 08-05-2007
Posted on Friday, 28 September, 2007 - 10:52 am:

Ofwat is planning to fine Thames Water around 12 million pounds for poor reporting and customer service. I think there are probably quite a few customers in the FH area who are now nodding their heads in approval. However, Thames has pledged to challenge the fine saying it will divert money from repairs, meaning customers will lose out. So no change there then...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hilltopgeneral
Joined 24-03-2004
Posted on Friday, 28 September, 2007 - 12:28 pm:

How about Ofwat finally grows some ***** and suggests they take it out of profits rather than the repairs budget?

It is a scandal that they have been handed a licence to operate a monopoly and extract such high profits (well above the risk-free rate) whilst continuing to treat their "customers" (who have no real choice as to whether they wish to be) with such gross contempt.

Nevermodern
Joined 09-02-2007
Posted on Friday, 28 September, 2007 - 06:19 pm:

I think Ofwat have insisted on just that.

Baggydave
Joined 19-05-2004
Posted on Saturday, 29 September, 2007 - 02:39 pm:

BD once worked in a hush hush area of government. Thames Water would rather pay the puny fines that put the investment into overhauling their leaky system. But I think we all know that anyway.

Robwinton
Joined 07-06-2006
Posted on Saturday, 29 September, 2007 - 03:21 pm:

Well, if anyone happened to want to put together some placards for an impromptu protest, there is a broken main gushing water through the pavement RIGHT NOW on the South Circular/Waldram Park Road.

Anyone care to join me? I'd offer a cup of tea but expect to be disconnected at any moment.

Roz
Joined 17-03-2005
Posted on Saturday, 29 September, 2007 - 09:28 pm:

There is also one on Honor Oak Road- its been there for weeks and is the reason why the electricity was off for hours a few weeks ago. Nothing ever seems to be rectified.

Theotherbrian
Joined 28-03-2005
Posted on Tuesday, 02 October, 2007 - 06:20 pm:

It's always the same. When a toothless regulator belatedly taps a bloated privatised utility on the hand, a deafening corporate whinge echoes around with a spurious appeal to consider the poor customer. As for Honor Oak Road, the contractors came and dug it up the for a couple of weeks in the summer. Lo-and-behold, the leak is now worse than it's ever been. Still, I'm sure TW can tick the box and claim they've fixed it. Life is just so unfair for our wealth creators!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Thames Water - fixed/standing charges samuelsen 0 1,870 25-08-2022 06:15 PM
Last Post: samuelsen