SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Forest Fest
michael

29-06-2011 02:01 PM

I don't think it has been mentnioed previously, but this Saturday, 2nd July is Forest Fest.
This will take place at Forest Hill School on Mayow Road (junction with Dacres Road) from 12noon-5pm. Some of the details can be found at http://www.foresthillschool.co.uk/66/forest-fest-2010

I'll be there, on the Forest Hill Society stall, so pop by, say hello, and will out a membership form Smile

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rshdunlop

30-06-2011 06:26 AM

Thanks for the heads up, Michael. As a near neighbour of the school, I'll be sure now to be away from home on Saturday. I hope everyone has a great day, but the day-long amplified karaoke gives me a headache.

Novels

30-06-2011 11:50 AM

I have to admit I didn't know anything about this until now, and I'm normally keeping my ear on the ground.

Still, thanks for telling us.

rshdunlop

30-06-2011 12:24 PM

It is interesting to see all the activities listed on the website. Do most of these take place inside the school? You can't tell from the set-up in the playground that there is anything more than a bog-standard school fair going on. How is the fair promoted? Is this done through schools and other organisations? What about locals? I ask because I am local (to the extent that I am sitting looking at the school right now, although I can't see the ForestFest banner because it has been put up behind the bus shelter). I didn't know anything about it beyond the banner on the fence and memories of Saturday afternoons in years past spent listening to amateur DJs doing their stuff, amplified to window-rattling levels. It's a shame we had no idea there was more going on.

michael

30-06-2011 12:52 PM

I can't answer all those questions but it is part of the Sydenham Arts Festival Program and the first I heard about it was at the Forest Hill Ward Assembly back in March.

Looking at pictures from previous years I think quite a lot will be outside, which I would expect from a summer 'Fest'. Sounds like it will be worth popping along to, especially if you have children.

michael

02-07-2011 09:07 AM

Nice day for it!

See you later, at the fair.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields