SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
opportunity for children to try out different instruments
sydenhamhiller

08-04-2011 03:34 PM

Hi - wondered if anyone on the forum might be able to help me? There are lots of activities set up for children to 'have a go' at different sports and see which they like, and I wondered if there was something similar for music/ musical instruments?

My eldest is 7 now, and I started piano lessons around this age... but I always wished I learned to play something in an orechestra :o) Sadly, my children don't have access to musical tuition at their school until Year 5, and we don't have a piano, so not sure if the traditional piano lessons make sense!

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any tips gratefully received!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
seeformiles

08-04-2011 06:13 PM

The Horniman do various hands on musical sessions for children, or at least used to. Worth checking out the website.

roz

10-04-2011 08:13 AM

Just in case its of interest, Morleys in Lewisham hire out pianos for £30 a month. I think its a years minimum rental.

We are thinking of having one as think its nice to have one in the house. Difficult to squeeze in though sometimes but I think a real piano is much better than the electronic versions as it has weighted keys.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields