SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Train Attack in November
Ghis

23-01-2008 07:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
loca

23-01-2008 08:20 PM

I saw this aswel, we should put on the picture of the "gang member's at the station. This way people know that we are serious about crime and they won't be able to show their face in FH again.
Here is a bigger picture from the transport police website:

http://www.btp.presscentre.com/imagelibr...ilsID=2699

http://www.btp.presscentre.com/Content/D...wsAreaID=2

roz

23-01-2008 09:59 PM

The guy in the last picture looks very familiar to me. I can't say any more than that but I'll definitely keep my eyes open for any future sightings.
A group of kids- I say kids, they were blokes around 15-17 years of age, wearing the same gear as these guys boarded a P4 at Stondon Park at October half term ,very aggressively and made it clear to the driver that they had no intention of paying. They then started to ' bait' other passengers by making personal comments in loud voices. Fortunately I got off the bus a few stops afterwards but the rest of the passengers plus the driver were clearly scared of them. The driver made no attempt to challenge them or secure payment.

I agree, their details should be posted publicly.

hilltopgeneral

23-01-2008 10:00 PM

Shows how vigorously they pursue such matters when they haven't even bothered putting the pictures up...

hilltopgeneral

23-01-2008 10:04 PM

roz wrote:
A group of kids- I say kids, they were blokes around 15-17 years of age, wearing the same gear as these guys boarded a P4 at Stondon Park at October half term ,very aggressively and made it clear to the driver that they had no intention of paying. They then started to ' bait' other passengers by making personal comments in loud voices. Fortunately I got off the bus a few stops afterwards but the rest of the passengers plus the driver were clearly scared of them. The driver made no attempt to challenge them or secure payment.

Unfortunately that's what happens - they behave in a sociopathic manner, no-one challenges them (not suggesting you should) and they come to think they are 'the man' and untouchable.

Without coming on all Sociology 1.1 you can't help but think they would really benefit from some decent role models to gain an insight into what proper, decent manhood involves.

loca

24-01-2008 12:15 AM

I know that the SNP post and read this site, so maybe they could put the pictures up in the station?
Please let us know if this is a possibility

bigbadwolf

24-01-2008 01:00 AM

I remember coming close to a gang attack last year. the train pulled up at honor oak from forest hill and I was in the last carriage and a group of lads got on ( afternon) and I went the 2nd carriage and while sitting in said carraige I looked back and they were masking up i.e balaclava's, halloween masks. But whilst I ***** myself ( pretty obvious what they were up to) the coppers came running down the stairs to platform 1 and started to take them away and started their procedure while'st we pulled away.

Londondrz

24-01-2008 09:01 AM

With the overcrowding on our trains I am suprised they all managed to get on a train let alone have room to run amock.

Sherwood

24-01-2008 10:07 AM

Such problems are made easier and more likely because there is no routine security at any of our railway stations. Years ago you could not access the station platform until you had bought a ticket. Presumably these characters can ride the railway network all day for free.

Grangerover

24-01-2008 10:31 AM

Sherwood wrote:
Such problems are made easier and more likely because there is no routine security at any of our railway stations. Years ago you could not access the station platform until you had bought a ticket. Presumably these characters can ride the railway network all day for free.

Absolutley - staffing stations properly would be the single biggest deterrent to these little *****. Mad But of course, extra staff requires more money, so it's not gonna happen.

Instead we get the cheap option of CCTV cameras which we're told provides 'security' and 'safety' (a big comfort when someone's threatening you with a knife of course, as you think "oh well, at least this is being captured on camera."). Of course, let's overlook the fact that they've had CCTV images of this gang since November but still don't seem to have made a single arrest...

nevermodern

24-01-2008 10:53 AM

Aren't we being promised a bigger staff presence come ELX?

Sherwood

24-01-2008 10:58 AM

The ELL should have a permanent staff presence (I think).

The cashiers in my local Tesco cost money. But without them the store would not collect any income.

Similarly spending money on ticket inspectors should increase revenue collection for the train companies.

loca

24-01-2008 10:58 AM

I am going to send an email to comments@southernrailway.com asking if they could put the picture of the gang members with the police telephone number at the station.
If we all do it maybe they will do something, please email them too.

evanick

24-01-2008 11:48 AM

Good idea, I'll do it as well.

roz

24-01-2008 12:04 PM

loca wrote:
I am going to send an email to comments@southernrailway.com asking if they could put the picture of the gang members with the police telephone number at the station.
If we all do it maybe they will do something, please email them too.

Good idea, will do this now.

Three years ago I witnessed an aggravated racially motivated assault on a passenger at London Bridge (between well dressed middle class commuters during the morning rush hour)which led to the victim being covered in blood. I phoned the police to give evidence.
No one returned my calls. Eventually after hassling them someone came to take a statement three months later. I saw the offender daily on the train and advised the police. It took a further 6 months for the police and a lot of persuasion from me to 'stake out' (exciting stuff) FH station and to approach the assailant. They said they did not have the personnel available to do this nor to take the statement. They were arrested but it took a further 7 months to get to court, which I attended to give evidence. A suspended sentence was given out to the offender.

My point is that it may be that there are people out there with evidence and information but there is no one there to take it. It can be as basic as that. It was hard work at the time and not everyone would be bothered. Lets hope that things have improved.
I see no reason why these gang members cannot be identified other than lack of exposure.

Pipesy

24-01-2008 12:05 PM

evanick wrote:
Good idea, I'll do it as well.

Me too.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields