SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Supermarket Shakespeare/Teatro Vivo in FH
Scorpion

30-04-2010 11:10 PM

I had a wonderful time tonight, following and interacting with the excellent members of Teatro Vivo in Sainsbury's Forest Hill.
I had recently been made aware of the performances by local press publicity but had forgotten, so, when I walked in there tonight and saw a group of people surrounding a "rather loud American woman dressed as a Cheerleader" holding a grapefruit in her hand, surrounded by other shoppers, it took almost a minute for me to realise what was happening.
I had a big shop to do but, as I had not witnessed any of these live shows before, wanted to see what it was all about.
I then thoroughly enjoyed almost an hour amongst other shoppers, watching the characters play out their stories.
It was funny, sometimes moving and I must admit, I have never enjoyed grocery shopping so much!

I am not a regular theatre-goer at all, but, after seeing Teatro Vivo in action, I must admit to wanting to experience more of what they offer.
I may well be back tomorrow night! If not, I'll definitely make it on Sunday.

I had to spend another hour or so after the last performance was done, doing my shopping but I didn't mind. I'd seen something new and VERY entertaining Wink
I even saw one of the cast leaving the store as I was waiting for my cab, who commented on the fact I had been there for a very long time. "Yes, I said, but I really enjoyed myself!"

Thanks very much everyone, for a wonderful experience Thumbsup

I urge people to go see this novel show, tomorrow or Sunday - before it finishes in FH (or at another store) See their website for more details. It's great Smile

Sue

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
michael

01-05-2010 08:02 AM

In Forest Hill Sainsburys:
Saturday 1st May at 12pm and 6pm
Sunday 2nd May at 12pm and 3pm

Davidsroadperson

03-05-2010 02:09 PM

Well, it just shows that there's no accounting for taste. I came across them last time in Sainsbury's in Forest Hill, and was bored and irritated by them. When I saw the ads I thought it was going to be bits from famous plays and I was looking forward to it.

All I got was two of them staging a husband and wife argument in the vegetables section, in ordinary modern English - nothing to do with Shakespeare. It seemed to be a genuine argument at first, until one twigged that it was just the thesps. I think it was supposed to be "based on" Macbeth and Lady Macbeth. Tedious and adolescent, I thought. No actual words from Shakespeare.

Perhaps this time was better?

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Supermarket Shakespeare michael 11 11,160 30-04-2009 03:45 PM
Last Post: nevermodern