SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Who to report street damage to?
Snazy

25-04-2010 04:37 PM

OK im a bit annoyed about this matter for a number of reasons, so forgive me if this is a little bit all over the place.

The work on 14 Waldram carries on, but in the process I have noticed the kerbs being damaged in Church Rise, who can this be reported to. Its wrong that they should get away with it.

Please see the attached pics to make more sense of this.
It seems that they are removing LARGE amounts of earth/clay from the grounds of 14 Waldram, so something tells me the house is being put in jeopardy AGAIN! Just like 6 Church Rise. Its sure not being done by pro's.

[attachment=374]

As they remove it all they fill skips, which are swapped out periodically. The other day, alarmed at the amount of earth coming out, I snapped a pic of the skip sitting in Church Rise, waiting to be picked up. A few days previous I had watched a skip lorry struggling to lift. With its metal wheels down on the kerb it was heaving away.

Anyway, today I walk down the road, and voila, it appears when the latest skip was picked up, the stablising wheels have clearly been rested on the kerb, and as its lifted..... well you can see the results.
[attachment=375]
So who can I report this to, so the skip company can pay for the damage they caused? And at the same time, with AT LEAST 3-4 skips of this size, full of earth/clay removed, should I report the danger to 14 Waldram to the council again ?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Red67

25-04-2010 06:44 PM
Snazy

25-04-2010 07:01 PM

Cheers I will give that a look now.

derbybill

25-04-2010 09:11 PM

Suggest you contact Building Control at Lewisham Council (see website for details). If you are worried about the safety of the building they have the power to stop the work; they also have to approve plans and then inspect when the work is done. Their job is to make sure that buildings don't fall down!
Tell them about the damage to the kerb, road etc. Contractors have a duty to clean up the road and pavement after any building work, skips etc. and make good any damage.

Snazy

25-04-2010 09:50 PM

All done cheers guys.
Emailed Building Control and the others a short while ago with as much detail as I can.

Having seen 6 Church Rise go like it did, I would be heartbroken to see another house go like this.

Will keep people informed on what feedback I get. Hope they chase the skip company and they pay for the repairs to the pavement and kerb, not the tax payer!

Cheers Bill

Snazy

27-04-2010 12:53 PM

Got a nice prompt reply back this morning to advise they are looking into the matter Thumbup
Hope its the company and not the locals that end up paying for this

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Report street lights not working samuelsen 0 2,760 02-01-2018 06:47 PM
Last Post: samuelsen