SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Bill like scene
ontheedge

30-12-2007 11:49 PM

Anyone know what was happening earlier tonight. When I left to go to work 8pm helicopter overhead then as I was walking towards Brenchley gardens could see police cars in all the side roads, thought maybe a drink drive campaign until I saw several police with guns all down Brenchley gardens. A bit scary when you're the only civilian, I asked what was going on and was told they were looking for someone. Someone who'd done something quite serious I imagine felt like I was in the Bill and was terrified whoever it was they were looking for would grab me as a hostage. If anyone hears what it was please let me know as I fly to Ireland tomorrow so won't be able to buy SLP.

Happy New Year to all

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sherwood

31-12-2007 10:00 PM

We looked out of our office one day to see several police officers open the boots of their cars, put on body-armour and pick up rifles. They drove away. Such scenes are probably quite common now.

roz

01-01-2008 11:06 AM

[align=justify]Talking of 'Bill like scene,' some years ago I ran a building project in Rotherhithe near the river where the contractors went into liquidation, the foundations only laid, and the site was locked up pending fresh negotiations with a new builder. One Monday morning I received several agitated calls from the neighbours about an ' incident' that happened over the weekend involving dozens of police, helicopters and river police in speedboats apparently chasing a man across the site. I made several enquiries with local police who said they knew nothing about a chase. The hoarding to the site had however been broken into and damaged and cost us a lot of money to repair. It was all a mystery and I concluded that the police just weren't being forthcoming. Some months later I was watching the Bill when I recognised the scene where a chase was taking place. It was our site! A few more calls revealed that the crew had found an 'abandoned building site' when driving around looking for locations ( as if) and forced their way in to shoot a few scenes. There were signs everywhere with our name on it yet they could not manage to call us to get permission. Eventually the production company coughed up a decent charitable donation in lieu of being sued for trespass and damage.

I have heard from other people that the Bill often film on estates around Lewisham and Lambeth - if you can't find out more about this incident then suspect a film/TV crew! However a similar real incident took place in Ewelme Road two years ago one afternoon where armed police surrounded a white van with pointed rifles so sadly, it is becoming a more frequent occurrence.

Sherwood

01-01-2008 12:44 PM

I was invited out to dinner one sunday night in November. Graham Cole (PC Tony Stamp in the Bill) left at 10.30 p.m. saying that he had to go to Silvertown to film some car chase scenes.

I have seen an episode of the Bill set in Catford Greyhound Stadium.

It sounds as if a few actors might have been pulling your leg!

roz

02-01-2008 01:30 PM

However see Anas post re HOP Crime Cascade- are these incidents related?

baggydave

04-01-2008 11:19 PM

Cycling back through Kennington and Lougborough Junction I have seen a few TV sets, usually a programme called 'the Bill'. Have other readers watched said programme?

BD - an you think he is joking (he aint)

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields