SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Where are the worst Potholes?
FHSoc

29-03-2010 09:20 AM

Apparently the governement has come up with some extra money for fixing the roads, so this is your chance to ventWink

Where are the worst potholes in our wards? Let us know and also send a photo to LoveLewisham

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jalapeno

29-03-2010 09:49 AM

The whole of Dartmouth Road needs resurfacing.

Mickey

29-03-2010 11:05 AM

Ewelme Road, and the majority of the roads that run off Dartmouth.

michael

29-03-2010 11:21 AM

Bottom of Taymount Rise has a good collection of potholes developing but I think these are regarded as part of the conservation area as they seem to be a more or less permenant feature of the road.

IWereAbsolutelyFuming

29-03-2010 11:54 AM

I second the bottom of Taymount Rise and, like a broken record, suggest it's time for the whole of Taymount Rise, with its holes, trenches, lumps, ruts etc, to be resurfaced (as promised years ago).

ryananglem

29-03-2010 12:30 PM

@jalepeno

Looks like your (and mine) wish has come true. Dartmouth Road was resurfaced yesterday, and not before time!

jalapeno

29-03-2010 01:12 PM

I just saw it, and couldn't believe my eyes!
OK, now I'm wishing for Taymount Rise.

jalapeno

29-03-2010 01:14 PM

But where would everyone park while they resurfaced Taymount?

BarCar

29-03-2010 01:46 PM

Lewisham also resurfaced Parbury Road last Friday.

aj1

29-03-2010 03:50 PM

And Westbourne Drive has just been done. Lewisham must be using up its transport budget before the end of March.

Mickey

30-03-2010 12:13 PM

I noticed church rise has been re surfaced.

michael

30-03-2010 12:19 PM

Honor Oak Road could do with some work and I'm not very impressed with the filling of the hole by the bus stop on London Road, outside the Capitol. Although the large hole was filled in, it was done very badly, with the wrong colour tarmac for a bus stop, and it is not level. It will develop into a large pothole soon.

roz

30-03-2010 04:34 PM

I see that potholes seem to be the main concerns of prospective Lib Dem councillors in their campaign so no surprise to see this on here as another subtle ' 'Bash the Council tactic' from the opposing parties and Conservative party members of the Forest Hill Society. Its a shame that people use their position in such organisations to gain political capital for their own party.

Anyway, their ( Lib Dems) take( as set out in recent leaflets) on the condition of Ewelme Road for one, is not accurate; the road suffers from underground springs which consistently erodes the road surface and has the water companies digging it up regularly. Not really the Councils fault; it does do its best as far as Ewelme is concerned as we have had many repairs in recent years (however not in the last two years as Cllr Philip Peake seems to suggest in his argument about faulty workmanship so its hard to trust the rest of the facts presented). Probably more accurate to focus on the many householders who are paving over their front gardens and not providing adequate rainwater runoff, and of course, two unusually bad winters. Not sure how the Labour Party can be blamed for the weather but no doubt someone will try.

IWereAbsolutelyFuming

30-03-2010 06:59 PM

Just to point out that my 'party' is the 'Save the Stupidly Expensive Wheels on My Stupidly Expensive Bike' party. Wouldn't want to be lumped in with these other mysterious evil people mentioned above.

FHSoc

30-03-2010 10:41 PM

I'm not quite sure how spending (Labour) government money on fixing pot holes in ALL wards can be construed as bashing the council.

As Chairman of the Society, I feel it important that I am not aligned with any particular party. However, I will work with politicians from all parties for the benefit of the area. To this end, I have been working with LibDem and Labour councillors and a Labour MP (as iincumbents) on the train campaign. I was mistakenly claimed as a local supporter in one party's recent literature, but they have subsequently corrected this.

As far as I am aware, Forest Hill Society's executive committee comprises supporters of all the main parties as well as free thinkers.

wayfarer

31-03-2010 07:29 AM

Iwereabsolutelyfuming, should you wish to stand I would certainly vote for you having just suffered my second puncture in 2 months. (I got the first within 20 minutes of picking the bike up!!).

Great to hear that Dartmouth Road has been done, it was a shocker.

sciencey

31-03-2010 11:37 AM

Garthorne Road is particularly bad - I have to zig zag all the way down there on my bike to avoid them.

AMFM

31-03-2010 04:22 PM

Shipman Road's not great either but for me, (and going a bit beyond SE23 - sorry!) the worst roads are when I "cross the border" into Southwark. They've finally resurfaced Crystal Palace Road (or the section I ride on anyway) but Adys Road, Lyndhurst Way and Southampton Way (all SE15) make me (almost) wish I hadn't freecycled my old clunker to make space for my shiny new road bike

roz

31-03-2010 06:23 PM

FHSoc, the correction about your Conservative Party involvement unfortunately hasn't reached this neck of the woods so thanks for explaining that. In fact the literature strongly suggested an alignment between said party and the FHSoc train services campaign so I take it that this has been refuted also?

(Back) on the subject of potholes rather than holes in party election campaigns, I'm not sure whats worse- potholes themselves or constant roadworks here and there with workmen producing other kinds of hazards, but them I'm not a cyclist so I guess they have more to worry about......

michael

12-04-2010 06:01 PM

Potholes at the bottom of Taymount were filled in this morning. There are still some minor bumps but the major problem areas have been addressed.

Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields