SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Xmas at the Honor Oak Pub
roz

02-12-2007 09:11 AM

I went to the tree switching on last night - it was good- this pub certainly knows how to attract business as the pub itself was heaving however still easy to get served. Ms Barker confessed some regrets at having to leave FH to find gastro and cultural heaven in East Dulwich pre the Honor Oak.Someone booed at that point.

Its amazing how pub culture has changed since the smoking ban- the place was full of families afterwards. I doubt whether any other FH pub is doing as well revenue wise at the moment. BD may disagree but I do wonder whether traditional pubs have had their day?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RussB

02-12-2007 03:30 PM

I'd agree that traditional pubs (ones where you'd go to drink, smoke and swear) are indeed on the way out. It's been happening for some time, but the smoking ban has accelerated it. What used to be pubs are fast turning into just another form of bar/restaurant.

davidl

03-12-2007 09:25 AM

roz wrote:
...Ms Barker confessed some regrets at having to leave FH to find gastro and cultural heaven in East Dulwich pre the Honor Oak...

Hadn't anyone told her about the Dartmouth in its current incarnation? It's been there for longer and is, in my own opinion, better as a place to eat.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields