SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Warning re 3 Lads on Bikes Causing Trouble
Snazy

07-08-2009 07:18 PM

Coming home the other night past the Portakabin place, just after the railway bridge on Waldram Park, walking along with my shopping.

3 young black lads on bikes, 1 BMX, 1 mountain bike and 1 racer rode along the pavement, at a fair pace, nothing horrific.
As they got to me, the boy on the racer sped up a little and purposely kicked the bags out of my hands, scattering the shopping across the pavement.
He rode off laughing.

I shouted after them (abuse if im honest) to try and provoke a reaction to get them to come back, but they rode off.

Stupid I know, but I went home, got one of the dogs and went for a "walk"
I found them again outside the Co-Op, on seeing me they ran away, up through the subway. I caught up with them again at Forest Hill Station, and again sadly there were not in the mood for a chat and ran again.

However as I passed through the subway I noticed a man exiting with shopping bags, adjusting his grip on his bags and looking back at them. So I am guessing they messed with him too.

So if you see 3 lads on bikes, watch your back, and yourself.

Not the right thing to do I know, but I am confident they are local and that our paths will cross again.... I will be having words. Not a fight or violence, just to tell them about themselves and to show that they cant just expect people to take that sort of behaviour.

Watch yourselves out there guys Smile

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

07-08-2009 08:12 PM

Speak to the SNT as they probably will have a good idea as to who they area.

Snazy

07-08-2009 08:58 PM

I plan to, just got to catch them. Maybe I will try the Westbourne Cafe :D

Perry Vale SNT

07-08-2009 10:48 PM

Snazy,

Sorry to hear about this incident. If you would like to give Perry Vale Safer Neighbourhoods Team a call on 0208 721 2480 we would be happy to discuss this matter with you.

We are on duty this weekend between the following times:

Saturday 8th August 1600 hrs to Midnight
Sunday 9th August 1100 hrs to 1900 hours.

We will also be conducting a Street Briefing in Pearfield Road on Sunday 9th August between 2pm - 3pm. Please come along and talk to us about any issues you have.

PC Richard Bailey
Perry Vale SNT

Snazy

08-08-2009 08:46 AM

Thanks for the info Richard, much appreciated. I will try and get in touch some time over the weekend, all a bit hectic today.

Would be good for the lads to at least have a talking to.
Im not traumatised or anything by it, but would not like to see them do this to and older or more vunerable person.

PS, the Westbourne Cafe thing is a long running private joke Smile no offence intended Smile

Sherwood

11-08-2009 11:40 AM

I saw three lads on bikes cycling through the Catford precinct. Perhaps they are the same three.
Did you see the TV video of some London gang cycling looking for victims to attack?

Snazy

12-08-2009 12:45 PM

Unlikely to be the same 3 but always possible I guess.

Yup have seen this is a "common" practise amongst youths looking for someone to pick on.
Sadly I have not seen them about for days now. I so want a quiet word.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bikes and motor bikes brian stimson 4 8,756 21-10-2008 04:41 PM
Last Post: Ghis