SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Sewer Problems in Dartmouth Road
annsquire66

22-06-2009 09:49 PM

There is an ongoing issue in Dartmouth Road which centres around Paddy Power bookmakers. I'm suprised no-one else has commented here.
A blockage or possibly damaged drain somewhere means that RAW SEWAGE has been leaking out into the street. There is a huge puddle underneath the advertising hoarding which extends to Paddy Power's front door, and flows out into Dartmouth Road for the traffic to spread down towards Barclays.
The stench can be picked up before you reach Bunka, and vehicles splash unsuspecting passers by!
Environmental Health have apparently served a notice on someone- not sure who- but there is a dispute as to who is actually responsible. We have seen attempts with industrial tank thingys (a technical term of mine) to unblock it every couple of days for the past fortnight, but it seems fruitless.
An unnamed individual has contacted the South London Press, who have said they will be attending tomorrow- Tuesday- at around noon. Feel free to join them, but bring your own masks!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

23-06-2009 10:53 AM

I've just walked past there- its hot but I didn't smell a thing.

Happysnapper

23-06-2009 11:27 AM

I drove through it last night with my windows open and also didn't smell it, but I did wonder where the leak was coming from.

Incidentally Dartmouth Road has got the most uneven road surface ever!! And that's not even including the speed bumps....

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ryananglem

23-06-2009 01:04 PM

Ive walked past a couple of times today and its pretty putrid. I dont really know how you can miss it!

It was worse on Sunday though, when the flood went across Dartmouth Road and down to near the bus stop..

(phew!)

reverendlionelblair

24-06-2009 08:36 PM

I bet it was those swines at Thames Water who, having destroyed the road, have now b****red the drains as well.

MrsW

01-07-2009 08:27 AM

You're right it's distgusting and STINKS!!! When v hot it evapourates I think which may be it didn't stink the other day. I've just cycled through it and got splashed on the ankles.... Lovely start to the working day!

roz

01-07-2009 08:52 AM

Have you been in touch with Lewisham Highways and local councillors? Bob Capstick from LBL is usually very effective. They need to do something pretty quick by the sounds of things. Get the press along if you think no one is listening and also make representation to Forest Hill Traders and the Forest Hill Society.

michael

01-07-2009 10:53 AM

I have spoken to the local councillors who are trying to get something done about this.

Baboonery

01-07-2009 11:01 AM

I have written to Thames Water announcing my intention to suspend my direct debit for the next month in protest at the constant interruptions to service suffered between January and April, and the current difficulties with sewers. I shall inform the forum of their response.

John_Hugill

01-07-2009 12:44 PM

Hi there,

If you fancy ringing me about that it'd be good to hear from you.

John, South London Press 020 8710 6457

annsquire66

01-07-2009 08:29 PM

The story was featured in the SLP on Friday. The drain lorry was there Saturday morning and we had a dry and optimistic day. Back to square one again!Cursing

davhel52

01-07-2009 08:34 PM

These private land problems are playing havoc with the Council.Hows about the Grand Canyon in upper Eliot Bank?Dangerous without doubt but think of all those who dont give a XXXX about the danger as long as Eliot Bank doesnt become a Rat-Run.Solution close Eliot Bank(Upper)to through traffic for Safety sake but the Residents of upper Eliot bank wouldnt like that.They would much prefer to Live with the inherent danger.What a Crazy world we live in.

scipio

02-07-2009 07:02 PM

Yr comments don't appear to relate to the Dartmouth Rd problems. Are you suggesting Eliot Bank also has sewage overflowing too?

davhel52

02-07-2009 07:48 PM

Not at all.I was just pointing out the similarity in problems between the local councils and private landowners and the effect it has on the general public when repairs to Pipes,Roads etc dont get done because responsibility is not accepted in many cases or Landlords just cant be bothered.

ryananglem

03-07-2009 09:50 AM

It appears that for the second day in a row, there is a drainage company doing work at the site. I thought they'd cleaned it up yesterday - but it seems that's not the case. Lets hope this doesn't drag on through the summer!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Problems with Honor Oak Road localbigwig 2 4,778 14-11-2014 08:13 PM
Last Post: rymerster