SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Nurseries & Preschools
Tinne

28-11-2022 02:58 PM

Hi all, we are a young family with a 2 year-old, soon to move to the Honor Oak Park area - very excited! We are new to the area (but hoping to make friends there really soon ;-)) and would love some help in finding a nursery/preschool that will make the change as easy as possible on our little one.

Given most reviews available online either outdated or non-existent, I would love to hear your experiences, particularly with Little Cubs & Busy as Bees, or any other ones you are willing to shout about (recommendations or watch-outs), either here or via a private message if sensitive.

Thanks so much in advance! Greatly appreciate any insider views!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HillLife

03-12-2022 05:56 PM

I personally wouldn’t bother applying to Little Cubs. They make you pay a (non-refundable) fee to be added to their waiting list and then most likely won’t give you a place, even when you’ve applied 12+ months in advance. I know lots of parents who wanted to view the nursery but couldn’t until they were “invited to” by the nursery. Most other nurseries do not charge a fee to be added to the waiting list, allow you to view the nursery and normally guarantee you a place. Some of my friends have viewed nurseries in their borough which guarantees you a spot when you pay the fee, can’t comment on Busy as bees.

Seedlings Day Nursery and Blossom’s Montessori Day House are rated as Outstanding nurseries in the area.

CarlyWarly

18-12-2022 12:40 AM

Our son is at Forest Hill Montessori on Rojak road which is walkable from
HOP and we are thrilled with it.

JoeR

15-01-2023 08:24 PM

We live in HOP and our daughter goes to Little Elms Catford Green. It’s a little way to walk, but mainly through parks. And crucially they had places available (and were helpful and communicative - unlike the run-around other, closer nurseries gave us) and we love it there. They are brilliant with the kids, it has great standards, and it’s a relatively modern, purpose-built nursery. Would thoroughly recommend looking at them.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields