SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Recycling bins missing
toothfairy

08-12-2018 06:46 PM

Hi all, I live in Kemble Road and after putting my green recycling bin out for collection have returned home after to work to find it missing. Have been up and down the road on a few occasions and no sign of it. I have called the council who weren't too interested and said to email and order a new bin which may take 4-6 wks if they get them in stock! Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue in the SE23 area and if so where are you putting your recycling?? Council lady told me casually to just recycle into the regular housewaste bin... not exactly ideal and counterproductive. Am thinking of buying a green bin myself but not sure where from and shouldn't have to!.. Thanks

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snazy

11-12-2018 04:30 PM

Over the years I have found mine many doors away, but thankfully never a total loss.
Is it marked in any way, or just recognisable to you?

Re the council and their approach, sadly very much the standard sort of response to expect from them about waste collection these days.

Good luck getting it sorted. If you get desperate there are loads left sitting all over the pavement on my road, seems no one wants to take ownership of them.

BigED

12-12-2018 10:50 AM

We put numbers on our bins and still our grey bin went missing a year or so ago. I trailed round all the neighbouring streets looking for it to no avail. Ordered a replacement from the council and it turned up eventually, but it didn't seem like they were in a rush to deliver it nor in the fact that the bin had just disappeared.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Recycling bins not emptied this week? 09 08 2022 samuelsen 1 2,323 11-08-2022 08:40 PM
Last Post: samuelsen