SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Lewisham Hospital or Kings College Hospital?
Yael

23-10-2017 03:51 PM

Hi,

I'm pregnant with my first baby and my doctor has given me the option of Lewisham hospital or Kings Collage hospital. Does anyone had an elective cesarean in one of these hospitals? Can someone recommend, advice or give me their preference from their own experience?

Many thanks Blush

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PStyles

23-10-2017 05:47 PM

I’m pregnant with my first baby too and am at Kings for all the ante natal care. They are brilliant, especially the Fetal Research Institute where you have the scans (which is a really fancy, almost like a private hospital). Plus they are one of the leading research hospitals in London which is what made me chose them over lewisham. Unsure about the Caesarian part though, sorry. Good luck!

bkkmei

24-10-2017 11:48 AM

Hello

I had an elective c-section at King's - this was seven years ago though. It all went well, great care, nice staff, no complaints!

shaman

27-10-2017 01:28 AM

We have two children. The first was born at Lewisham through emergency c-section (4 years ago). The second was born this year by elective c-section at Kings.

We chose Kings after our experiences at Lewisham, which were negative overall (although the surgeon team were great).

From what I saw, Kings is so much nicer. The wards, the scans, the building...

The scans were in a new building opposite the hospital, which was bright and modern and there was none of the endless waiting experienced at Lewisham.

No problems with the actual c-section at Kings either. Obviously a lot less pressurised and calm, than an emergency though, so difficult to compare that aspect.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forest Hill Boys School Fundraising for Evelina Childrens Hospital P1971 0 3,708 08-07-2015 07:49 PM
Last Post: P1971
  Evelina Children's Hospital Fundraiser P1971 9 9,280 06-12-2013 11:29 PM
Last Post: P1971