SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Smashed shop windows London Road
nottinghillbilly

16-01-2017 10:19 PM

Whats going on?
Around new year I noticed the glass door on the Daisylets shop had been boarded up.
Then last Week the glass door of Geddes hairdressers was and I believe still is boarded up.
then late last week I saw the window of Bolans architects in the same parade as Geddes had been shattered and police were in attendence.
Just wondering what was going on?
Is someone targeting buisnesses in the area?
These are all small local concerns not Foxtons or somethingConfused

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
edpaff

17-01-2017 09:56 AM

I think the Geddes and Bolans windows were related to the chap hurling knives (this thread).

Noticed the Daisylets window too, but think that was unrelated (perhaps a break-in?).

Londondrz

17-01-2017 10:01 AM

Geddes was smashed by scooter idiots stealing computers, they then broke into the snooker shop. The opticians and Bolans where broken by an idiot living beneath the pizza shop who then threw knives at a 185 bus. He was arrested very quickly and charged with criminal damage and a few other charges. No idea about Daisy Lets.

BigED

17-01-2017 01:15 PM

I think DaisyLets got ram-raided between Christmas and new year, computers stolen.

humbolt

17-01-2017 03:36 PM

The Big Breakfast Cafe on Dartmouth Rd also had its front door glass put in a couple of weeks back. Nothing was stolen in that instance. I have seen all the other violated premises as described in this thread and the common factor seems to be, almost all have full-length glass panes in their doors.

Steel shutters will soon be proliferating in Forest Hill town centre!

This has been an ongoing problem over several weeks. The quiet hours seem to provide the opportunity for this particularly low-tech crime spree to proliferate, unchecked by either the Police or the more public spirited amongst us.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Car Window Smashed on Devonshire Road yomster 8 9,970 31-10-2012 10:17 AM
Last Post: yomster
  Shop Refurb - London Road MrGrumpy 4 7,462 13-02-2009 06:30 PM
Last Post: admin