SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Attempted Motorcycle Theft
shaman

21-05-2016 12:13 PM

Hi folks.

Just for the attention of any bikers in the area, my motorcycle was damaged this morning at 5am, by two chaps travelling by scooter who appear to have been trying to steal it from my front garden. Sad

Luckily, a neighbour was taking a relative to the airport and noticed them acting suspiciously and called the police. Apparently the registration of the scooter matched a car, so false plates. They were reportedly both white, mid 20's and wearing crash helmets.

Although I do have a chain and ground anchor, I don't routinely use it as I rely (stupidly obviously) on the fact that it's off the road to keep it secure (More out of sight and a bit harder to hang around in daylight for any opportunists with or without vans). Clearly it's been noticed, so the chain will now be used.

Anyway. Be aware. I'm expecting these two to return at some point, as they got disturbed trying to get under the seat, but hopefully they'll notice they've been rumbled and move on rather than causing any more damage.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skyepark

21-05-2016 09:37 PM

I think I know who this partly is its lots of them. Stay vigilant guys and keep eyes opened, might be locals. Tonight they called for pizza delivery and then tried to nick that moped from where I live, they got disturbed by neighbours.

samuelsen

21-05-2016 09:59 PM

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Attempted Mail Theft Samurai 0 3,440 05-10-2017 02:41 PM
Last Post: Samurai
  Attempted scooter theft in Kemble Road Erekose 4 7,782 23-04-2013 11:50 AM
Last Post: gelgie hop