SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Ginger Cat seen in distress HO Road SE23
Scorpion

10-10-2008 02:08 PM

HI,
Just to report that a adult-looking ginger cat was seen in distress near the London Road end of Honor Oak Road (near to the last bus stop on left, before the lights/London Road - coming from the Forest Hill Road end) yesterday evening.
My sister spotted it as she was driving and said it appeared to be looking in shock at the traffic, and appeared to be in distress and not walking well, whilst on the pavement and seemed to have some kind of injury to its rear end/tail. It did, however, move into the safety of the hedges outside the houses closest to the bus stop.
It seems likely that it may have been hit by a car. Sad

If anyone knows of someone with a cat in the local area, fitting this description, that has not returned home, could they please let them know about this post, and/or could people who may live in those houses please check their hedges, sheds and gardens etc. just incase the poor cat may be hiding, injured?

Thanks in advance for reading.
I would hate to think of one of my cats being in the same situation.
Hopefully, the cat is not seriously injured and will have arrived home.

Sue

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gingernuts

10-10-2008 03:18 PM

I've seen a poster on a telephone post outside the rubadubs nursery in Davids Rd asking if anyone had seen a missing ginger cat, that goes by the name of Marmaduke!

Cant remember the phone number.

Ghis

10-10-2008 04:04 PM

My heart sank when I read this. I have two ginger cats. I hope the cat is found and recovers.

nursemac

13-10-2008 06:21 PM

Hi,
My cat has been missing for two months, I wonder if it's him? I live in London road.
If you see the cat again could you please contact me urgently. Many thanks....

seeformiles

16-10-2008 12:33 AM

I've seen a ginger cat wandering around Taymount Rise. This cat is very vocal, he/she miaows really loudly for ages when you approach it. Not sure it's stray though as his coat looks in good condition. But he does wander round this way a lot and doesn't appear to have a collar. I'll look out for him anyway.

IWereAbsolutelyFuming

16-10-2008 08:28 AM

That's Father Christmas' cat. At least that's what I tell my 3 year old son. I tell him the cat keeps an eye on all the kids to see if they are behaving or not. It's the only bit of my pathetic discipline regime that seems to have any effect.

Oh, and I'm pretty certain (s)he isn't a stray.

CaroCaro

11-11-2008 10:39 PM

NurseMac,

Have you found your cat yet?

It's a big of a long shot but there's a big ginger cat wandering the streets of East Dulwich. A bit far from you, I know, but no-one's claimed him in ED despite my efforts to locate his owners so I have begun to think he might have come from further afield.

I am sure he's been a pet. He's very friendly. It's difficult to describe him: he's big, short-medium hair, ginger/fawn and has a little bit of a dribble on the side of his mouth. He's got a funny habit: when I go to pet him, he tries to very gently grab my hand but never uses its claws.

I have been in touch with the RSPCA and they're going to come and pick it up very shortly.

Thanks,

Caroline

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields