SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Social Media
rshdunlop

24-07-2015 05:39 PM

Things I have learned today: there's a Forest Hill FB page. Well hidden, though...

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrustyRack

24-07-2015 06:17 PM

Anybody looking for it, search under 'fab forest hill' it is a good page, useful for selling stuff and finding bargains.

greensleeves

24-07-2015 08:54 PM

Quote:
useful for selling stuff and finding bargains

Hmm, 99% spammy ads and one whinge about dog poo. I think I'll pass. Thumbdown

Mr_Numbers

25-07-2015 01:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:
useful for selling stuff and finding bargains

Hmm, 99% spammy ads and one whinge about dog poo. I think I'll pass.

Greensleeves, you or others may not know that there's also the Forest Hill Society Facebook page, which is worth 'liking'.

greensleeves

25-07-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:
Greensleeves, you or others may not know that there's also the Forest Hill Society Facebook page, which is worth 'liking'.

Thanks, but I've found that local social meejah generally prefers spin and exclamation marks to realism.

This post was last modified: 25-07-2015 03:37 PM by greensleeves.

rshdunlop

25-07-2015 04:01 PM

I agree that the Forest Hill Soc page is well worth a follow. No exclamation marks in sight, and not selling anything. Information about what they are doing and news-worthy local items, but no events promotion or other nonsense.

This post was last modified: 25-07-2015 04:02 PM by rshdunlop.

Mr Robin Banks

27-07-2015 05:21 PM

Anyone got a link to this site? Confused

michael

27-07-2015 09:08 PM

https://www.facebook.com/foresthillsociety

Thanks for the positive feedback.

The Forest Hill Society page is a mix of local news, local events, and information about local businesses. There is no paid advertising but I do share interesting posts from local businesses that seem particularly interesting and relevant. I'm keen to encourage new businesses but the most important thing is to keep it connected with Forest Hill, if not, it has no place on the page.

As for use of exclamation marks, it has happened. I would particularly point out my favourite headline wot I wrote: "Turnip, tune in, veg out!" The perfect way to describe a day of musical vegetables at the Horniman. Sadly I sometimes think I'm the only person who appreciates my genius/madness.

If you do see posts that are of interest to you please share them or like them, or even better - comment on them, so that others locally see them. At present we still have less likes (1,343) than Lewisham Council (2,300) or Brockley Central (3,200). It would be good to reach new people who can appreciate the good things that happen in Forest Hill (and the occasional bank robberies).

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields