SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Nurseries
Saskia

14-07-2014 09:31 AM

Hi my daughter will be starting nursery around April next year when she will be 1. I have started viewing nurseries but would be grateful for comments on local nurseries. Many thanks

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Londondrz

14-07-2014 09:47 AM

Ours went to Faith Montessori on the London Road on the way to Catford. Loving staff and the kids still say "my nursery" as we drive past it a good few years later.

OakR

14-07-2014 12:16 PM

One thing to keep in mind is the waiting lists can be extremely long. Seedlings I think was around 1 to 1.5 years, though I guess it varies dependant on the age you want to put your child in.

We visited seedlings and it seemed very good, but as I say if full day. A lot of nurseries seem to be full day only, good if you are working, not so good if you don't want your child in full days.

Busy as bees on Brockley Rise in St Saviours Church is mornings only. Lovely staff, but you should visit as they all have different levels of teaching \ interaction with the children. Some of more rigid in what the children do per hour, others seem to let them get on with what they want to do.

We looked at Oaktree as well off Devonshire Road which look nice (I think full days).

Good luck!

Johe

16-07-2014 11:16 AM

Does anyone have any experience of the Cottage Day Nursery at St Hilda's in HoP?

Tomcat

17-07-2014 12:31 PM

Our eldest (three and a half y.o.) goes to Perrymount nursery on Sunderland Road. We're very happy with it - so is he. OFSTED outstanding, if thats what motivates you (it doesnt us). Welcoming and homely. Morning sessions only I believe from September.

MrsR

17-07-2014 04:04 PM

Our daughter is at Seedlings and we love it. Great staff, lovely atmosphere. Lots of outdoor space to play. Happy kids having fun. I's say get your name on the waiting list. Willl depend if they have a space when you need it but worth being on the list. Good luck.

shzl400

17-07-2014 08:48 PM

I do know the Cottage nursery at St Hilda's but first a caveat - this information is over 10 years old, so every possibility will have changed for the better. However, based on what I saw, I cannot recommend. I do feel that a proper, full time nursery cannot comfortably exist in a church hall.

A little further afield, I know, but have you looked at Little Acorns in Exbury Road?

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields