SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
TRL Yellow Jackets in FH
shzl400

13-06-2008 08:47 AM

Lots of folk in yellow jackets with clipboards loitering aroud S.Circular this morning. Managed to catch sight of TRL (Transport Research Lab.) logo, but was driving - incidentally northbound from the PV road closure, so it's till open as at this morning, despite what was said on other thread - so couldn't stop to ask what they were doing.

Saw some similar up ED/Lordship Lane way last week - although they may have been a different lot. The ones in FH look like students, while the ED ones look like retired ladies (they even had folding chairs). Is this another symptom of the great divide?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snazy

13-06-2008 09:43 AM

Other thread states that PV is partially open until this afternoon Wink
I saw the said people too this morning, while walking the dog.

Seem to see a lot of these people about these days, but little positive effect, so find it hard to believe they are there for the motorist's benefit.

robwinton

13-06-2008 01:43 PM

Yes, saw them hanging around today as well. In fact one was TRL, the other TfL.

They seemed to be generally looking at maps and staring up side roads (saw them checking our Sunderland Road from the corner of Waldram Park Rd.

I wanted to get hold of them to complain about the height of the trees on the South Circular (causing some structural issues to my house!!) but they'd already moved on and I wasn't about to give chase.

Snazy

13-06-2008 01:46 PM

Speaking of which Rob, nicely reminded. I really must get onto them about the pruning of the said trees too.
Its completely pointless having street lights, if they are all shrouded in heavy tree foilage. The street is stupidly dark at night, even with all the lights working.
Will mail them now.

ChrisR

08-07-2008 06:32 PM

Hope you have better luck than I have had Snazy. I have called TFL (who I was advised are responsible for the trees on the South Circular) several times over the past few years but nothing ever seems to get done. I have also pointed out to them that the street lights are very badly positioned for pedestrians as most of the light is above the trees! As someone who was relieved of my handbag on Waldram Park Road several years ago by a mugger I get very nervous when I have to walk home in the dark from the station along this stretch.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields