SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Dining Out
dita-on-tees

23-01-2009 06:33 PM

moving away from salt....

I like eating out as you get to try things that you wouldnt necessarily do or do well at home. I really enjoy cooking but when it comes down to it, I am fairly terrible at it and tend to slap it on the plate. Eating out makes a nice change to eating at home, and someone else washes up. Restaurants add to the feel of an area and generally make an area more attractive to new people moving into the area. I used to live in Brockley - I would buy there as there was no where local to go.

Whilst I dont think think we are over flowing with really fantastic restaurants in se23 I think we do pretty well, things are definitely improved to where we were 2-3 years ago and there is reasonable choice. I am looking forward to the opening of Stone as it all adds to the variety of the area. I am also looking forward to the extention of Tapastry, as the place is a local gem.

My objection to the fast food places is the litter they cause (well obviously the fast food consumers cause the litter... but...) oh and smell of fried food on the P4 - vile vile vile.

PS I would like to bring back Brian's Ice cream parlour, as it sounds fab! I would mostly like to encourage the return of those 1950s style milk bars!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bonnie Blue

23-01-2009 07:24 PM

I would mostly like to encourage the return of those 1950s style milk bars!

I think I worked in one of those before I left school

We made milk shakes with flavoured syrup, icecream and milk and everyone looked like The FonzeLaugh

dita-on-tees

23-01-2009 10:17 PM

I think the quality of my life would be vastly improved if men looked like the fonz! Mind you if I went to milk bars all the time I would have to apply to lewisham council for the expansion of my rear end....

Bonnie Blue

23-01-2009 10:37 PM

Laugh

the Fonze was brilliant
he's an old man nowSad

These days you would have skimmed milk shakes so it would be OKCool

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields