SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Musical Skill Swap
Aido

04-06-2013 12:23 PM

I'm just throwing this out there into the universe and not expecting any replies, but here goes:

I'm looking to learn a new instrument for a show I do in the West End-"Once" at The Phoenix. We're all actor/musicians and part of the show is a 20 minute session we play on the stage/bar before the lights go down. We do a mix of Irish and Czech songs and we've been doing it for a while now and each of us are trying to learn new instruments. I've attempted to learn the Tin Whistle but I'm struggling without any real guidance. I sound a bit like the 20th Century Fox theme on the flute-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGwwJEE7k48

Ok, not that bad, but I could certainly do with some of the rudiments.

I'm aware that it's a long shot so I'm hedging my bets by also saying that I have an amazing accordion here that I could do with learning to play, so I'd be happy to try that instead if there's no whistle players out there.

Rather than just paying for lessons I'd like to try a skill swap, so I'd be happy to teach guitar or give acting lessons, particularly Shakespeare (I've done a fair bit of that, including a couple of stints at the RSC).

Again, I'm just throwing it out there. If you're not in, you can't win. Thanks for reading.

Aidan

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields