SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
What are the nicest streets in HOP?
johnniek

15-05-2008 03:00 PM

Elizabeth25 wrote:
On a separate note (will probably be moved :-)) I have a friend who lives in HOP. And he said, half-jokingly, that there was a difference between those who live in HOP and those who live in 'One Tree Hill'. Does anyone else make that distinction?

Being that friend, I most definitely make a distinction between the 'parade' side of Honor Oak Park (down from the railway station) and the One Tree Hill side of Honor Oak Park (uphill from southern torture) opposite the allotments (very fashionable at the moment to 'dig your own', although doing the same at the cemetery would be frowned upon). The mix of professionals, locals and a post goa garden community are ever entertaining.
The architecture is an eclectic mix dire 30's flats, refurbished apartments and hidden Victorian villas. The views are wonderful and I've enjoyed a good few years there, another sweet fruit of London.
It?s world away from the endless Victorian or post war terraces beyond in all directions. The only negative I would cite, traffic - either too fast or too slow. When lethargic, the boooom boom drone from those kind morons who wish to share their musical tastes will all is rather off putting. Surely some kind of doctor who ray gun could see to that??

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Elizabeth25

15-05-2008 03:25 PM

Ray guns at the HOP/OTH? Oh no JK, peace to all. Cool

gingernuts

16-05-2008 01:04 PM

Any raod in Forest Hill is better than Stanstead road, which is far to noisy.

ros

17-05-2008 03:41 PM

whatman road is nice. but the party walls between the houses are very thin and you can hear a lot of general noise (doors, tvs, voices etc) from the neighbours. Much more so than in any other terraced houses i've lived in.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields