SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Bins in HOP
hopper

23-04-2008 11:00 AM

Hello

Apologies first if this topic has been discussed before - I've searched the threads and couldn't find anything.

Is anyone else offended by the bins sprawling outside the shops along HOP high street? I understand that the shops don't have any other option than to put them outside, but can't the council build those little shelters you see in some places to put them inside when it's not collection day? They smell, they look awful and the rubbish falls all over the pavement.

On another note - and I'm sorry if this sounds really moany - why is it that Forest Hill has nice black branded bins and we have those awful bright blue Lewisham ones? If HOP is a "town centre" can't we have nicer ones too?

I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
e_r

23-04-2008 11:42 AM

I think the same thing every morning. It really spoils the parade of shops. Shelters are a good idea and the pavements are wide enough.

BarCar

23-04-2008 11:54 AM

hopper wrote:
On another note - and I'm sorry if this sounds really moany - why is it that Forest Hill has nice black branded bins and we have those awful bright blue Lewisham ones? If HOP is a "town centre" can't we have nicer ones too?

There's a ?10,000 Localities Fund up for grabs each year for each ward in Lewisham. The main parade of shops in HOP are in Crofton Park ward. You could suggest to your councilors that HOP branded bins was what you wanted to see some of this money spent on.

A thread about the forthcoming ward assembly how to spend the Localities money for Crofton Park is here (banished to 'Beyond SE23' because parts of Crofton Park aren't in SE23).

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields