SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Small black shaggy dog, out on his own today
Scorpion

17-10-2007 12:56 PM

I saw a small, shaggy, black dog (with a tail) about terrier size, around 12.30pm lunchtime today, when I was about to cross the lights opposite Sainsbury's. He came across the road from S'Bury's side, from the Station end, through the traffic (safely, thankfully) just a bit before the lights. I quickly thought and wondered wether to try and catch/stop him, worried that he may get hurt or worse if he went back in the road, as he passed me by (looking at me and wagging his tail a bit) but he quickly disappeared up the alleyway/path (Summer Hill?) opposite S'burys and when I got to the other side of lights, I looked up the alleyway and he was gone. He may possibly know where he was going, but of course, the little chap should not have been out on his own. When I finished my shopping, I walked back up the alleyway on my way home, but didn't spot him around the area anywhere. He is not a dog that I am familiar with, haven't seen him around before, that I can recall (am a dog owner myself so notice many and know lots of the local dogs. I just thought I would mention this incase he is lost. Hope he gets home/back to his folks, ok.
Sue

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
michael

17-10-2007 01:16 PM

I'm not sure I believe this. It is, after all, a shaggy dog story.

(Another bad joke - sorry)

Scorpion

17-10-2007 02:02 PM

Lol Michael. good one.
Unfortunately, it is true.
I just hope he has a home to go to and ends up there. He looked in good condition, happy (he even gave me a smile/grin - as dogs often do ("Doggie people" will know what I mean lol) - as he wagged his tail and disappeared) and maybe had just "done a runner" and was enjoying some freedom? Didn't look like a stray.
Ah well, just hope his family get him back home safe. Don't like to think of him without a family, anyway or wandering the streets. I've been kicking myself the last couple of hours, because I don't like to see animals in trouble, but am being optimistic and hoping he was just on an adventure and that he lives somewhere up that hill/alley and will be indoors again soon.
Sue

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields