SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (5): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] Last »
Expansion of Miriam Lodge Hostel for Homeless
Anotherjohn

09-04-2014 08:48 PM

Thank you for that Mr_Numbers - I totally agree.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BringOutTheCranston

11-04-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:
I second Iheartsydenham's question about where our local Councillors and Town Planners stand on this matter.

I was considering this exact point when reading the recent traffic post today.

Do the local councilors read and ever contribute to these discussions. I don't recall seeing posts from them on any topic. They seem a pretty non-existent bunch to me.

You would have thought they would be more vocal with the local elections approaching, particularly the Liberal Democrats in Forest Hill who could see their left leaning voters turning to Labour because of their involvement in the coalition.

Or are they all just very complacent.

This post was last modified: 11-04-2014 12:12 PM by BringOutTheCranston.

SEN

14-04-2014 06:14 AM

Yes they do - and they hold local assemblies so you can raise and discuss issues you care about, I think.

Always easy to bash local councillors - but we elect them, and if we think we can do better we can always stand to become one.

Not saying they are perfect, but neither are they the stereotypes that some repeat (I'm not necessarily referring to previous posters here)

michael

22-04-2014 01:06 PM

I have placed some of the designs from the public meeting on the Forest Hill Society website.

I have spoken to Labour and Lib Dem councillors and prospective councillors regarding this development, they are well aware of the concerns of local people. However, some of them sit on planning committees, so they cannot prejudge the cases.

I had recommended that the developer ask one of the local councillors to chair the public meeting and to have employees from the council planning department present. This is the standard method of running local planning meetings. But the developer chose to chair the meeting himself without any guise of impartiality and without any provision for formally recording peoples' concerns (thankfully a member of the public took notes which I have ensured were passed on to local councillors and may be submitted to the planning department in the future).

Iheartsydenham

22-04-2014 04:09 PM

Thank you for this update Michael and for your reply to my previous post.

It is important and essential that local residents' concerns and objections are formally recorded.

Furthermore the proposal to expand Miriam Lodge is an issue that would affect our community as a whole, not just the local residents so the consultation should involve as many members of our community as possible.

Pages (5): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Are you for or against the expansion of the Miriam Lodge hostel for the homeless? admin 1 5,887 01-04-2014 10:05 PM
Last Post: admin
  Miriam Lodge Open Days FHSoc 0 3,692 18-02-2014 08:34 AM
Last Post: FHSoc
  Miriam Lodge: Chicken keeping + Community Kitchen Garden LewishamGardens 9 11,817 31-01-2014 07:43 PM
Last Post: LewishamGardens