SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Honor Oak Park traffic
Cheeky

13-09-2012 01:27 PM

Thanks for bringing this up at the meeting Michael, it's appreciated. Traffic tailed back up the hill again last night.

Interesting comments by the council representative, not sure I agree with the increase in traffic use comment and strange he/she would rather stationary traffic pumping out unnecessary fumes most days during rush hour.

This post was last modified: 13-09-2012 01:28 PM by Cheeky.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cheeky

25-09-2012 07:44 AM

Not that i'm a forum junkie or anything ....much!!!

...but this makes for interesting reading, I would have thought traffic jams were a major contributor of Nitrogen Oxide levels?

http://brockleycentral.blogspot.co.uk/20...ainst.html

lacb

14-01-2013 01:47 PM

If the key reason for the blockage is traffic not being able to turn left onto Stondon Park because they cannot access the turn left lane on Honor Oak Park, then the light phase that allows traffic to turn everyway (out of HOP) should come first. Then, the turn left could happen (though I think this would require extra lights).

In fact, my back of an envelope sketch of the light phases suggests that the turn left phase may not be needed at all if this was done. A simpler lights cycle, ideally in conjunction with a SCOOT implementation, would speed all traffic flow including the bus routes.

Cheeky

16-05-2013 02:44 PM

I wonder if anything was actually done about the possible improvement of traffic flow on Honor Oak Park?

The traffic is still as bad as ever, yesterday (and this isn't the first time i've seen this) I watched and had enough time to take a photo of an ambulance on an emergency not being able to move in the traffic twice for about a minute each time (who knows what happened further up the hill).

Horrible to see as minutes could mean the difference between a life saved or lost.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Cheeky

22-08-2013 07:29 AM

I'm not sure how to link the two posts but interesting post on 'Honor Oak Park to be part of Air Quality Management Area' that Admin just posted.

This thread regarding traffic on Honor Oak Park was started along time ago and it's something I feel really strongly about, something which I believe can be easily remedied.

You just have to look at the state of the wall on the last white house on the left that was converted from a shop to a private residence(walkiking away from the station), all that muck on there I would say is visible dirt and poisonous fumes from car exausts that we're all breathing in daily.

lacb

22-08-2013 10:56 AM

Though Diesel engines are less polluting in many ways, they actually have more NOx emissions. This can be amplified considerably when vehicles are stuck in jams. Ok, Nordic site but I think this covers the salient points well:
http://sciencenordic.com/more-harmful-ni...ian-cities

So, surely a good reason to re-phase the traffic lights, run the buses on hydrogen and weight limit large commercial vehicles on Honor Oak Park.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is Honor Oak Park closed to traffic currently? samuelsen 5 4,125 11-08-2022 03:48 PM
Last Post: samuelsen
  Westwood Park closed to traffic samuelsen 3 3,485 12-02-2022 05:26 PM
Last Post: AllisonAdler
  Failed TW temp traffic lights - Honor Oak Road samuelsen 5 6,812 17-01-2018 06:47 PM
Last Post: Hillman
  Traffic on Honor Oak Park bilgewater 3 5,762 12-09-2015 05:55 PM
Last Post: Theotherbrian
  Traffic on Stondon Park stondonpark 3 5,433 26-08-2013 04:27 PM
Last Post: stondonpark