SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Sainsburys online - potential overcharging
admin
Administrator

15-10-2007 12:01 AM

Posts from old forum ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roz
Joined 17-03-2005
Posted on Tuesday, 09 October, 2007 - 09:37 am:

We thought we would have an easier life with home delivery but nothing seems further from the truth. We have two weeks in a row been charged the full kilo price for certain items even though they have weighed a lot less - a total of ?20 extra. After several protracted calls to Customer Disservices after each occasion we managed to get a refund but no explanation. Thankfully we actually looked at the receipt- something we don't always have time to do. They also refused us any baby food and sent an email suggesting that they had to consider other customers's requirements when processing ' bulk' orders. We had to remind them that what we had ordered was in fact the weekly food requirement for a baby and this was hardly a ' bulk' order. After they pretended they had none in stock they did, to their credit, come round with the whole lot late on Friday evening.

The overcharging may be happening to you - something I have pointed out to them. Please check your receipts carefully. All local deliveries are issued by Bell Green.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael
Joined 04-03-2005
Posted on Tuesday, 09 October, 2007 - 10:45 pm:

I checked my groceries this evening and they were all correct.

Sherwood
Joined 30-03-2005
Posted on Tuesday, 09 October, 2007 - 10:49 pm:

I did my shopping at the Savacentre. When i got home I found that I had been charged for 2 packets of soap powder, but only had one packet. I went back the next day and they gave me an additional packet.

Ghis
Joined 02-01-2007
Posted on Wednesday, 10 October, 2007 - 12:15 pm:

Gave up on Sainsburys home delivery. Too many mistakes, not turning up and when I called being told that it was because they were running late and would come the next day (which was of no convience to me!). Now only tesco (Who are ok and because they sell stuff I cannot get from Ocado)and ocado (who are excellent).

Michael
Joined 04-03-2005
Posted on Wednesday, 10 October, 2007 - 12:54 pm:

Sainsburys now give 1 hour time slots and ?10 off vouchers if they arrive outside that time slot.
Ocado do not offer the full range of products available in Waitrose and it works out quite expensive, but their service is very good. Tesco products are simply not as nice as Sainsburys but their delivery service is good.

The main problem with Sainsburys is that they continue to have problems with their stock control so that too many of the items you order do not arrive or are replaced by more expensive alternatives (never cheaper alternatives).

Pvp
Joined 17-03-2005
Posted on Wednesday, 10 October, 2007 - 03:50 pm:

Anyone able to use Asda? I used to until there was a problem at the Clapham Junction store.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scorpion

23-10-2007 09:34 PM

I don't use online shopping, I always shop in person, but would still like to comment, as, on MANY occasions, when i buy items that are reduced (the yellow sticker) or on offer the till operator either does not notice the reduction/offer price (or the till/computer does not (resulting in, I have to queue up after,at the customer service desk to get it right or forego the saving I would have got, and leave - the past couple of years, I do NOT leave! whether 10p or 99p - why should I?!) OR I (not me dammit! THEM!) have to hold up the queue of people behind me, while they try to pull the sticker off to etc. I get so pee'd off about this BUT I like a bargain (and purse dictates i SHOULD like a bargain/money off)
Why do I have to feel so guilty about reduced/money off, offers? Why can't they make the system better?
Grr!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields