SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Attempted carjacking/robbery
hoona

14-03-2012 02:37 PM

Just seen this on the East Dulwich Forum... It happened on corner of Devonshire Road and Honor Oak Park...

Quote:
I am a regular poster on here, but have name-changed for this post.

Last night about 6.15pm whilst my husband was sitting at a junction 2 men on motorbikes overtook him, blocked the car and started attacking it with hammers, shouting at him to get out. They were clearly trying to rob him or the car. He eventually managed to drive off, they chased him for a while still hammering the car and then gave up.

There was no altercation, not a 'road rage' attack, unknown attackers, but seemingly a random incident.

It was at the junction of Devonshire Road with Honor Oak Park.

I'm not scaremongering - I'm sure this was just a one off incident rather than the beginning of a carjacking spate, but I wanted to warn people to be vigilant in this area.

The police have been informed, but 16 hours later have yet to even take a proper report and issue a crime reference number, let alone come round to our house.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lacb

14-03-2012 03:56 PM

Whatever happened started before the junction on Devonshire Road itself. Only have sketchy idea of incident as only heard something myself. I believe that there are witnesses though.

Londondrz

14-03-2012 04:42 PM

Not good although I doubt it was a car jacking. Why smash up the car if you want to car jack it?

Sherwood

14-03-2012 05:02 PM

It might have been a case of mistaken identity.

Someone like a jeweller would be carrying valuable goods.

roz

15-03-2012 11:10 AM

Yes it does seem unlikely to be a car jacking - who would have driven the car away- a motorbike would have been left behind as evidence. Unless that was stolen too of course. And the car would have been damaged so reduced its value.

This sounds very frightening. I hope your husband is ok?

I think Ive mentioned before about being pursued in my car by an angry female motorist many years ago who did cut throat gestures which I could see in my mirror. I lost sleep over that and still remember it now and shudder every time I drive down Woodvale where it all started. I never never make gestures to any other driver or challenge them for that reason as I think people are crazy enough anyway in cars without any further provocation.

I hope the police attend soon and give you some reassurance.

Sherwood

15-03-2012 11:18 AM

Sometimes the aggrieved parties catch up with the wrong car.

Londondrz

15-03-2012 12:46 PM

The yoof on his scooter who threatened to "cut" me a year or so ago had a very early morning visit from the police after I called them with his registration details.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  attempted robbery dbboy 21 21,073 06-01-2012 02:05 PM
Last Post: orange