SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »
HOP parade: are all the changes good?
milliemop

12-03-2012 02:58 PM

I'll take your word for it - but surely they should be putting the effort in and not you!!!!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wayfarer

12-03-2012 03:08 PM

Rather than putting in "effort", I prefer just to be polite - irrespective of whether I get a response or not.

For those shops that do reciprocate I have found a relationship of mutual banter develops. I then find that it is these shops that I refer to when recommended somewhere or just talking positively about them.

milliemop

12-03-2012 08:59 PM

Yes I agree - but if people are not polite back than why bother - what goes round doesn't always seem to come roundSad

Tersie

14-03-2012 09:23 AM

I use the Bubbles store at the end of Gabriel Street, next to Babur as it is my nearest shop. It is a very friendly and incredibly well stocked shop for it's size. They are competitive too on many items compared to the big players. I would still use them just as much even if Sainsbury's comes to HOP - but I do think there are some products such as a good range of fresh meat / fish that are just not available anywhere in HOP so it will be great to have more on offer.

FH_newbie

15-03-2012 08:37 PM

I agree with Cheeky. Most of the shops on the parade are a disgrace- dirty, poorly stocked, expensive, not to mention their arbitrary card handling fees that they just make up on the spot.

I really cant wait for a Sainsburys to open up. It will either encourage the other shops to buck up their ideas or put them out of business.

Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields