SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Tewkesbury Ave Mon 30/1/12
vipes

31-01-2012 01:20 PM

Just wondering if anyone shed light on events last night 6-8pm at a couple of addresses at the Ringmore Rise end of Tewksbury Avenue?

A lot of police involved, some with what looked like guns. One officer evidently injured and taken away by ambulance. Police helicopter shining its beam around for some time. Dramatic scenes but nothing in the local news.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

31-01-2012 01:49 PM

Not more filming? I suppose they would have notified local people if that was the case.

Something similar happened in our road a few years ago but it never reached the news either and had I not been home early I would never have known anything about it. Police chasing white van from both ends of the road, eventually stopped him and surrounded the vans with rifles. That sort of thing.

Puts Piplings in the shade though!

ladywotlunches

31-01-2012 02:22 PM

I don't know any more - did wonder what was going on though.

But helicopters circling in the airspace above the estate? Surely there must be a covenant that we can use to stop this nuisance? Wink

This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 02:23 PM by ladywotlunches.

Sherwood

31-01-2012 03:44 PM

It was probably the Special Patrol Group called out to deal with a smoker!

Les

31-01-2012 07:03 PM

I'm on Westwood Park and my wife heard a burglar with at least two officers in hot pursuit. Looking out later it seems one jumped down from Tewks Av and ran through our back garden and OVER the pitched roof of our garage. Quite impressive and a bit scary. My wife thinks she saw a man being led away in cuffs later.

A timely reminder to ensure your security is up to scratch, particularly back doors, fences and sheds. I don't know which house was broken into or any other details.

Looking at the damage to our guttering and one of the trees in the garden, I can imagine someone was hurt in the chase.

This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 07:04 PM by Les.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields