SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Over grown tree
benji

25-02-2008 02:31 PM

Wonder if anyone can help. I live in Colfe Road and in a neighbouring property in the back garden there is a mature sycamore tree that's now encroaching on other gardens and buildings and when(if summer) arrives will have an impact on natural light to the property and garden.

Whilst I am not suggesting the tree is taken down, it is in need of some TLC. I have investigated and it is in fact loacted on a council prop
erty. After numerous e-mails to Lewisham council who said a member of the tree dept had been to investigate back in Aug 07 - nothing has happened since. I have written to the local councillor, though had no response.

Any thoughts on how best to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vipes

25-02-2008 03:24 PM

Call the planning department and ask for the lady who enforces the 2005 high hedges act. She's quite efficient but can't recall her name.

NewForester

25-02-2008 03:25 PM

vipes wrote:
Call the planning department and ask for the lady who enforces the 2005 high hedges act. She's quite efficient but can't recall her name.

Sheila Yates

benji

25-02-2008 04:00 PM

NewForester wrote:

vipes wrote:

Sheila Yates

thanks
Ben

acer

25-02-2008 04:17 PM

Hello, we have a big maple tree in the street outside our house in Honor Oak, which has been 'pollarded' - technical term for 'cut back' - in the past, and is in need of it again. I, like you would rather not lose the tree - even though we have had some issues with subsidence, but I called the council last week (Environmental Services) and although the person I spoke to on the phone was not the most helpful or friendly, I did receive a call the next day from a very helpful man, who said that the tree was already on their radar and they would be attending to it in the near future after all the priority 1 trees had been dealt with, ie the ones that have health & safety issues.
Hope that helps!

Snazy

25-02-2008 06:08 PM

There are a few mentionable hedges on some of the routes I walk the dog on. Gainsford Rd , Church Vale....

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields