SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Lewisham Homes and Glendales
Gep

30-03-2011 07:30 PM

Is it me or the service provided by Lewisham Homes and Glendales is getting worse (and more expensive) every year?

I live in an ex-council flat managed by Lewisham Homes and I find the caretaking service appalling. They don't look after the property and every time there is an issue you have to chase them up with emails and phone calls. And then Lewisham Homes blames Glendales, Glendales blames the Council, the Council blames Lewisham Homes and nothing gets done.

I have given up on them and what I can I do it myself like cleaning the stairs (especially AFTER the cleaners have been...).

At the same time the service charge keeps going up, nearly 30% increase this year.
117% increase compared to 2007!

Just wondering if anyone else shares the same experience or if it's just me that I ended up in the only unlucky block in Forest Hill.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
poolsneighbour

31-03-2011 01:55 PM

I live in an ex local flat, and I can say that Lewisham Homes was an absolutely awful landlord. They never did any maintainece, let the place rot, didnt care about antisocial behavior and charged a fortune for it. I am so much happier that L&Q have taken over - is this not the case where you are then Gep?

poolsneighbour

31-03-2011 01:56 PM

Btw which estate are you on?

Gep

31-03-2011 04:51 PM

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Lewisham Homes wasn't too bad when they took over from Pinnacle 5 years ago.
Then they have outsourced the gardening to Glendales, which only does the minimum: for example they cut the grass, but they don't collect rubbish (they cut the grass around it!)
Now Lewisham Homes is in the process to outsource other maintenance jobs to a contractor: I guess they will be just as bad.

Contractors just don't care: they should have learned the lesson by now!

Gep

31-03-2011 04:53 PM

To be fair to Glendales though, the grass probably doesn't grow under the rubbish Smile

Merlin

04-04-2011 01:53 PM

I live in an ex-LA flat 'managed' by Lewisham Homes - they are in my opinion something grass wouldnt grow under (is that polite enough to get past admin?)

Even the caretaker moans about awful Lewisham homes are!

sydenham74

05-04-2011 03:14 PM

I also live in a block of flats managed by Lewisham Homes and agree with a lot of the criticism posted above. Within a couple of years it wouldn't surprise me if they were attempting to charge a service charge for which I would expect to have a concierge stood in my hallway. Alas I suspect they'll just charge the money and provide the same inadequate service.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lewisham Council reveals locations of 1,000 new homes 1 of 2 samuelsen 0 2,973 21-02-2021 12:42 PM
Last Post: samuelsen