SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
Youth Behaviour
seeformiles

01-02-2008 01:42 PM

I don't want to give up on it GN, and I've continued to argue and petition when it's required. I just find it highly sinister that things have gone so quiet and we've been fobbed off for so long. I was a regular user of the pool and like you I think it's a disgrace that an attractive building was allowed to fall into disrepair in the first place. We could still have a perfectly functional pool had the investment been made when it was needed years ago. Anyway I guess we should all go along to the FH ward meeting as this is the main item on the agenda.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Becca

01-02-2008 04:07 PM

shzl400 wrote:

gingernuts wrote:
If a cinema is important and you believe there to be a need, why not try starting a 'film club'.

I thought there already was one at the Library - I'm sure it was mentioned on the Library thread.

Yes, that seems to be so. I just called them and they say they have films on Saturday at noonish, Sundays at 1ish and Thursday evenings. But they don't seem to advertise them and they are not the most up to date films. And nobody went to the one last night, apparently. A film club in the library is better than nothing, for sure, but it just isn't the same as a proper big-screen cinema with a coffee bar and films that are listed in Time Out! I was really thinking along the lines of a large, open, community resource where all sorts of people can go whenever they feel like it, rather than a weekly/monthly thing for a little club. But on the other hand, the guy at the library said it was up to the community to make suggestions about how to improve their film screenings... so, I guess there is an opportunity to make something better of it!

gingernuts

01-02-2008 05:22 PM

It doesnt look like there's much will then. But agreed there needs to be more local advertising. If you're looking for a cinerma that will get a listing in Time Out it's just not going to be in Forest Hill.

gingernuts

01-02-2008 05:23 PM

seeformiles wrote:
I don't want to give up on it GN, and I've continued to argue and petition when it's required. I just find it highly sinister that things have gone so quiet and we've been fobbed off for so long. I was a regular user of the pool and like you I think it's a disgrace that an attractive building was allowed to fall into disrepair in the first place. We could still have a perfectly functional pool had the investment been made when it was needed years ago. Anyway I guess we should all go along to the FH ward meeting as this is the main item on the agenda.

That's interesting - when is the FH ward meeting?

Becca

01-02-2008 05:25 PM

gingernuts wrote:
It doesnt look like there's much will then. But agreed there needs to be more local advertising. If you're looking for a cinerma that will get a listing in Time Out it's just not going to be in Forest Hill.

Eh? Why not? The Peckham Multiplex gets listed! And the ED comedy!

robwinton

01-02-2008 07:36 PM

this link here might be of interest to us here as well - covering youth centres, the various parks and maybe even the cinema idea in some form

you never know

Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields