SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Postal delivery and refuse collections suspended?
multisync

06-12-2010 07:34 PM

Anybody know about the refuse collection?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

06-12-2010 09:13 PM

I understand that normal service is resumed this week however I do not understand why there couldnt have been a catch up at the weekend. Its overtime yes but surely necessary? Much of our rubbish has had to be distributed amongst friendly neighbours.

dipsolala

06-12-2010 09:46 PM

My road, and a some others, in Perry Vale were visited by the recycling collection today (a day early), so I'm hoping for the refuse to be done tomorrow.

However, many roads are still iced up and still seem dangerous so only time will tell.

Regarding a collection at the weekend, it might be short notice for people who have planned their weekend to then drop everything to go to work in still dodgy conditions.

multisync

06-12-2010 11:05 PM

Sorry but they haven't worked all week!! Could have done there weekend things then.

dipsolala

06-12-2010 11:19 PM

Did you?

If a person 'normally' works weekdays, why should they work at the weekend, despite any overtime, inducements etc. Many people didn't work, or get to work, last week due the weather, should they all work at the weekends too? Smile

roz

06-12-2010 11:22 PM

No but with times and money tight and approaching Xmas, its a reasonable assumption to make that a few might have been willing to do so. My bet is that LBL couldn't find the dosh so didn't ask.

dbboy

07-12-2010 12:27 AM

Refuse staff were taken off rubbish collections to clear pavements and gritting duties. According to the local press, Lewisham placed their resources in the south of the borough which apparently was worst hit by the snow.

dipsolala

07-12-2010 01:10 AM

Indeed Roz, a few might of, but only if there were enough for at best one vehicle team (i assume) and the ensuing support facilities were personned ie where they off-load the collection etc. If I was someone who had gone to work as per usual and my manager told me to go home and then ask me to work the weekend under not so much improved conditions, I would have had to take things in to consideration.

so often people only think about their own issues and don't think things though or see it from someone else's perspective.

Thanks for the info dbboy, just seen that....so not neccesarily a load of shirkers then.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Refuse and recycling collections after bank holidays localbigwig 0 2,492 29-03-2016 01:49 PM
Last Post: localbigwig