SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Beltwood House- Nightclub?
roz

02-10-2010 08:00 AM

http://www.clubzone.com/events/266682/lo...wood-house

See the above link; this house has been mentioned several times on this thread. Is this one of these warehouse parties or an official event? Sounds interesting. I hadn't realised it was licensed but then it may not have to be.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SEN

04-10-2010 10:54 AM

I'd be surprised if it's licensed. It's a rather magnificent but slightly neglected old house (or at least it was a bit neglected a few years ago). Belonged to Dulwich estate, I think. Apparently has an interesting history - someone told me Queen Victoria stayed there. Not sure if that's true but it's the only place I've seen a bath with buttons to call servants...

Ghis

04-10-2010 11:18 AM
monakot

02-11-2010 09:29 PM

My other half and I received a flier for a NY eve bash at Beltwood House about 6-7 years ago. We thought it looked great and was only a short walk from where we lived. Entry was £20 ph.

When we turned up it was owner (American lady) and her dog to greet us. There were approximately 8 other people - 4 of which had travelled down from the north. It was the worst NYE we have EVER had!

sydenhamhiller

03-11-2010 02:35 PM

See similar discussion on the sydenham forum - I hope it's not trying to be a nightclub again - our little garden backs on to their overgrown extensive one...it's been a lot quieter since the court case, (the multi-agency action that won an award), the ASBOs, the 2 horses and 15 dogs being removed (and in a couple of sad cases, animals were in such a bad way they had to be put down). All very very very sad... and the fact that this beautiful house and gardens seem to be falling into rack and ruin (is it 'rack'? or 'wrack'? Looks wrong...)

http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/search.php?...mit=Search

roz

04-11-2010 08:20 AM

I know someone who is keen to find out more about this property but has met with a blank wall. It would appear that the American owner still owns it despite the court case and her being declared bankrupt.
I think they want to do something good with it as opposed to continue with an noxious use or to leave it in that condition.

It does appear on some nightclub sites and there was a halloween bash advertised but I assume as there was no noise that it didn't happen? The previous story about only a few people attending sounds weird; I would have run a mile!

best wishes

PVP

04-11-2010 12:10 PM

A couple of years ago there was a murder mystery event, the attendees were collected from the station so were popping in the Hob whilst waiting. It was very well attended!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields