SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Good local park
lizzie.o

09-07-2010 02:42 PM

I have recently moved to Forest Hill and I have my 2 & 1/2 year old niece coming to stay in a few weekends time. She loves going to the park and playing on the swings and slides, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a local park with good facilities for younger children?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mgmonkey

09-07-2010 04:37 PM

Blythe Hill Fields has recently reopened it's new & improved quite large playground. It also has great views of London.

Jump on a bus & Crystal Palace Park has lots of fun Dinosaur displays for kids, (& lots of parrots).

Horniman Gardens has a small animal enclosure & the museum is free.

Ladywell Fileds has a skate park & a playground.

There's also Mayow Park, Dulwich/Sydenham Woods, Hilly Fields & One Tree Hill for more of a walk.

You're spoilt for choice really.

spud

09-07-2010 04:47 PM

Honor Oak Rec seems to have quite a popular swing park. It's off of Honor Oak Park accessed down the path by the allotments.

The new improved Blythe Hill Fields swing park might actually be bigger and better. Plus there are great views from there. But the Honor Oak Rec would probably involve a lot less less uphill pushing of buggies if that's an issue.

blushingsnail

09-07-2010 06:10 PM

Depends which is nearest to you. Mayow Park has a good play area for small children but no toilets etc.

shzl400

09-07-2010 06:57 PM

Amazed noone has mentioned Horniman Triangle, which I'd have thought particularly suited for younger children - bit sand pit.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can you recommend a local pub with good grub? keva267 6 5,873 27-03-2010 04:29 PM
Last Post: Mickey