SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Busy Weekend
Ian

08-12-2007 12:42 PM

So how much of our tax money has been wasted on this cancelled event ?
It's time to put some of these elected money wasters into the stocks !!

One loud voice can make a difference !
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ht

08-12-2007 09:02 PM

Just wanted to say that my family and I had a lovely day today, having had lunch at the Lemon Grove and visited the studios at Havelock Walk. (Went to Bunka and one of the florists on Dartmouth Rd for the 1st time too!) The Open Studios are well worth a visit this weekend, despite the rain.

michael

13-12-2007 09:05 AM

Another busy weekend in Forest Hill:
Saturday 15th December sees the end of Rob's intrepid expedition through the streets of SE23. You can join him at 11am at the corner of Brenchley Gardens and Brockley Way on the very Northern tip of SE23 for a journey past the largest underground reservoir in Europe (with a golf course on top) and into the heart of Forest Hill (2.5 miles away).

Saturday afternoon is the Rockbourne Youth Club Christmas Fayre is 12-4pm and promises plenty of stalls, food, games and raffles. Open to people of all ages.

Sunday sees the SE23.com forum 5th Birthday party - see http://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=166
Join SE23.com forum contributors at All In One (on Perry Vale between Hindsleys Place and Church Vale) at 1pm for Sunday Lunch.

Monday is the carol concert at the Library http://www.foresthill.towntalk.co.uk/wha...s&id=21145

Tuesday is the under 5s Christmas Party at the library http://www.foresthill.towntalk.co.uk/wha...s&id=21148
with a visit from Father Christmas.

And if that is not enough to be doing this weekend, try moving house as well!

robwinton

17-12-2007 08:07 PM

Thanks to those who turned up for the "walk & talk" (particularly Steve Grindlay and Helen - sorry, didn't catch your surname) who both participate here and walked the whole way in the freezing temperatures with me.

I hope that the Rockbourne Youth Club Christmas Fayre was a success for them too - it deserves as much support as we can give it. I did enjoy giving the talk, and I hope the dedicated audience got something out of it too.

Next event that I am aware of is Steve Grindlay's talk for the Forest Hill Society about the history & development of Forest Hill taking place at 7pm on January 30th at the Hob. Put it in your diaries!

Is it time we re-energised the "events" section of this site to get more activity going there? Would people on here use it regularly if it was updated regularly?? I'd be happy to help keep it more up to date if people would use it.

nevermodern

17-12-2007 09:30 PM

Yes, I agree, RobW. And if we can get places like the library, the horniman and the hob to post on the events section, it could be a great resource for everyone.

ht

18-12-2007 11:49 AM

Hiya, was good to meet you Rob and family, Steve, Jenny and your friend on Saturday. (Sorry that I've forgotten one name.) Steve's talk on the 30th Jan sounds great and I'll look forward to it.

I think refreshing and regularly adding to the events section on this forum would be really useful, I along with many others I'm sure, would check it regularly.

(By the way, I had a small e-mail exchange with the library about the film club. I suggested that they set up a mailing list for events and posted events / screenings on this forum too.)

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields