SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Snow boots!
roz

05-02-2009 11:09 PM

Being a bit of a wuss on icy pavements I bought a pair of Olang boots from Swifts in Perry Vale a few years ago in case it snowed.
Having seen a number of people having difficulty navigating the pavements and especially the hills in the last few days ,I would recommend them for anyone who isn't confident in snow or who lives on one of the hills as they are virtually non slip , warm and waterproof . As well as Swifts you can also get them from John Lewis or any sport/ski shop. They are based on wellies but otherwise look ok and do a good job.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snazy

06-02-2009 08:41 AM

Where is swifts ? I thought that was the old bike shop on Dartmouth that closed? I know Finches sell walking shoes, is that where you mean?

I am using my Hi-Tec walking boots in this weather, although did "brave" it yesterday in trainers. Wont be doing that again!

Pavements look nasty today.

roz

06-02-2009 09:10 AM

Er yes, I am getting my birds mixed up! Finches it was! Can't believe I said Swifts however it was late when I posted.....

Snazy

06-02-2009 11:16 AM

lol fair enough, thought I was going mad then Smile

Didnt even click they were both birds til you mentioned it hehe

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields