SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Bail Hostel
dabitoff

02-02-2009 05:40 PM

where is the bail hostel in SE23 run by Clearspring?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

02-02-2009 08:04 PM

I have no idea and am not sure I really want to find out.
My view is that if we haven't noticed it then its not causing any harm.
Once people find out about these things then as sure as anything they will blame the residents for all manner of problems.
We all live amongst a range of people whether we like it or not, criminals included. The fact that a few are sited together in one place is in my view irrelevant.

I say this but as being as hypocritical and as human as the next person, I don't want one next door to me!

brian

02-02-2009 08:38 PM

Yes Roz I agree. Best we do not know.

Londondrz

02-02-2009 09:39 PM

See the vandalism thread.

thenutfield

02-02-2009 11:22 PM

i guess dabitoff is refering to the article in the Daily Mail which unsurprisingly is up in arms that bail hostels are in residential areas. Shock horror, bail hostels are used for convicts on early release (ie already served thier time), or people awaiting trial (ie still innocent).

The article contains the gem from the Assistant General Secretate of the probation officers' union "It's clearly not right if people are doing drugs and committing crime." Nice one, Einstein!

spud

03-02-2009 01:20 PM

I believe the bail hostel is in Brockley Rise, near the Stanstead road end.

I've lived a few streets away from it for about a decade, during which time it has had absolutely zero impact on my life. Which is equally the case with the nearby mental health care home.

But some people might perversely enjoy working themselves up into a frenzied paranoid tizz on the subkect so who am I to deny them that pleasure?

Contrary Mary

03-02-2009 03:05 PM

Well said, Spud!

I hope that before the "paranoid frenzied tizz" ensues (as it undoubtedly will, and I think we can all guess which forum members are queueing up to take part...Rofl), people will pay some attention to the words of an actual, live, nearby resident of both establishments - but I'm not holding my breath...

Contrary Mary

03-02-2009 06:52 PM

Oops!

That should have read "I hope they will pay some attention to the views of an actual, live, resident nearby to both establishments.... Sorry, Spud!Blush

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields